Don't worry, it's just a little freezing rain...
Collapse
X
-
I've always wondered about that Jaguar Daimler deal too. It's weird because apparently they are still making Daimlers, they appear to be (more or less) rebadged XJ's. I guess the motor in that SP250 is loosely derived from the 2.4 in the Mark II? -
Splendid - you have my order. How cheap are the foggies themselves? Did you just wire them to the existing fogs, or run separate wiring?A more solid design is in the works, probably something "T" shaped with a flat bar that sits just above the bumper and then bolts in behind the plate frame. I'm trying to avoid defacing the bumper and I want something removable like I said, but I think a slick, subtle, powder-coated piece is the ultimate answer. Once the shop is no longer on generator power and welding is possible again I'll see what I can fab up. I can make a few and have them powder-coated just about any color you like for a reasonable price.Leave a comment:
-
A more solid design is in the works, probably something "T" shaped with a flat bar that sits just above the bumper and then bolts in behind the plate frame. I'm trying to avoid defacing the bumper and I want something removable like I said, but I think a slick, subtle, powder-coated piece is the ultimate answer. Once the shop is no longer on generator power and welding is possible again I'll see what I can fab up. I can make a few and have them powder-coated just about any color you like for a reasonable price.Leave a comment:
-
See meow that makes more sense - testing aerodynamic modifications to confirm/deny their benefits and quantify them - much like dyno-testing performance mods or track testing suspension mods. But as you said, wind tunnels are a bit scarce so finding and using one isn't the easiest job in the world :)Well, I DO like the way they look... But ultimately it's a track car that I take to work in the summers so I like to think in terms of downforce. I can feel the splitter and wing at about 70 so I figure in a wind tunnel there'd be some benefits slower than that as well but no one seems to have a wind tunnel in the north east. I'd love to get into one for an afternoon sometime, I used to do all kinds of aero stuff when I was building solar cars in school but most of that was done with computer models.
Yes, the driving lights are bolted to the plate frame, although ultimately they will bolt in behind the frame. It does seem pretty sturdy as it is now though, and I wanted them removable so I can stick them on the swap car and REALLY look like a tard. :D
I think if you made a more asthetically pleasing bracket that bolts to the license plate frame - or better yet, somehow incorporated the two 10mm bolts that hold the bumper to the shocks - you may have a solid mod, one that would be followed more popularly (if that's your thing, of course :)) I'd love a set for my new e30 iX I just picked up!Leave a comment:
-
KidE30Guy's shizenbraun car is horrid. Anything he says about anyone elses car is a joke.Leave a comment:
-
Well, I DO like the way they look... But ultimately it's a track car that I take to work in the summers so I like to think in terms of downforce. I can feel the splitter and wing at about 70 so I figure in a wind tunnel there'd be some benefits slower than that as well but no one seems to have a wind tunnel in the north east. I'd love to get into one for an afternoon sometime, I used to do all kinds of aero stuff when I was building solar cars in school but most of that was done with computer models.I've got better things to do than follow every e-war on here - just noticing a growin trend of whining, complaining, over-sensitive owners and wanted to do my part to lull the trend :) My sincerest apologies if I offended or if I took your sarcasm out of context...
Parts on a car for function are only worthwhile if the function they serve is one that actually comes into reality on even an occasional basis - and I hope - for the sake of myself and the other people you share the road with - that speeds of 110+ are far less than even occasional.
To sum it all up - goofy spoiler ok on race car that goes 110+ - not so much on a road car, or a car that only sees Loudon, where 110 is fairly tough to hit with even a swapped car :) Had you said you liked the way it looked, more power to you - but to try and rationalize a big wing extension for the downforce benefit...you may as well slap a park bench wing on it and some vtec stickers and tell us they help...sometimes...when the moon is full and the stars are aligned ;)
Love the iX btw - are the driving lights attached to the license plate frame? Good idea...
Yes, the driving lights are bolted to the plate frame, although ultimately they will bolt in behind the frame. It does seem pretty sturdy as it is now though, and I wanted them removable so I can stick them on the swap car and REALLY look like a tard. :DLeave a comment:
-
I've got better things to do than follow every e-war on here - just noticing a growin trend of whining, complaining, over-sensitive owners and wanted to do my part to lull the trend :) My sincerest apologies if I offended or if I took your sarcasm out of context...Hey Jackass, do a little reading around here before you run your mouth off. ;) That post has a long history and was highly sarcastic, as are most of my posts. Even this one...
The wing and splitter are there for function although my car rarely sees speeds where they actually do anything. Losing it at 110 will start you thinking about downforce and drag though...
Parts on a car for function are only worthwhile if the function they serve is one that actually comes into reality on even an occasional basis - and I hope - for the sake of myself and the other people you share the road with - that speeds of 110+ are far less than even occasional.
To sum it all up - goofy spoiler ok on race car that goes 110+ - not so much on a road car, or a car that only sees Loudon, where 110 is fairly tough to hit with even a swapped car :) Had you said you liked the way it looked, more power to you - but to try and rationalize a big wing extension for the downforce benefit...you may as well slap a park bench wing on it and some vtec stickers and tell us they help...sometimes...when the moon is full and the stars are aligned ;)
Love the iX btw - are the driving lights attached to the license plate frame? Good idea...Leave a comment:
-
-
Hey Jackass, do a little reading around here before you run your mouth off. ;) That post has a long history and was highly sarcastic, as are most of my posts. Even this one...Srsly? Why would you even post pics of your car if not for criticism of your relative peers? Are you truly expecting nothing but positive comments on all pics you post and in response to the mods you decide on?
Just because some people don't like it doesn't mean you can't. That said, you should be able to take a compliment or insult in stride, and not resort to threats that are far more serious than posting a comment on a message board.
Try not to take anyone - ANYONE - on here too seriously. It's a forum for people who own 20+ year old cars and the majority of people on here are younger than that anyways...
PS - I think the wing looks goofy too :) Wanna beat me up? :rofl:
The wing and splitter are there for function although my car rarely sees speeds where they actually do anything. Losing it at 110 will start you thinking about downforce and drag though...
EDIT: Just so I don't sound like a jackass, The OP of those quotes is famous around here for talking shit about everything, but being unable to handle the same ball when it's in his own court. The first quote was about my car and the second was in response to criticism of his own car. I thought his threats of violence were quite amusing.
EDIT 2.0: http://r3vlimited.com/board/showpost...&postcount=101Last edited by Fidhle007; 12-21-2008, 08:04 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Srsly? Why would you even post pics of your car if not for criticism of your relative peers? Are you truly expecting nothing but positive comments on all pics you post and in response to the mods you decide on?
Just because some people don't like it doesn't mean you can't. That said, you should be able to take a compliment or insult in stride, and not resort to threats that are far more serious than posting a comment on a message board.
Try not to take anyone - ANYONE - on here too seriously. It's a forum for people who own 20+ year old cars and the majority of people on here are younger than that anyways...
PS - I think the wing looks goofy too :) Wanna beat me up? :rofl:Leave a comment:
-
I feel like a dick for complaining about SoCal 50 degree weather now. I don't even like dew on my car. Time to adjust that splitter into snowplow mode. That's some shit right there.Leave a comment:
-
Spolier looks sweet, if you don't want it, i'll take it.
What brand is it btw?Leave a comment:
-

Leave a comment: