Finally back into an e30: ‘88 Alpine on Blue 325ic cruiser build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Ill tell you one thing that changed since I got my E30 in 2005 (and only recently got back into the scene). Back then with heavily lowered E30's you had lots of negative camber at the back and severe inside tyre wear. And there did not seem to be anything you could do about it unless you had fully adjustable suspension. In the intervening years there has been the invention of the 12mm subframe riser bushings, which raise the rear subframe to reduce the rear negative camber.

I think it was Condor speedshop that first came up with it, but now there is a lot of subframe riser kits. But when doing this the driveshaft will be out of alignment, so you also need extended diff studs and 12mm spacers to lower the diff, or an offset diff bushing. Condor, Garagistic e.t.c sell all this.

Comment

Condor didn't invent that - technically, BMW did. The RWD and AWD cars have different height subframe bushings to keep the geometry the same despite the different ride height. The same idea was probably used in the M3 race cars.

I'm confident I posted about that long before Condor was even a thing. I stumbled on it when I put RWD subframe bushings from Ireland Engineering in my lowered ix back in 2003. I've never had camber wear issues - also I still have the same IE trailing arm bushings from back then.. they're still fine. :)
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Whelp - first hiccup in the ownership process

The car was supposed to be picked up on friday by 5p. At 3p, I was told the driver was struggling a little with the previous car and would still make it to the seller by 5p. At 4p I received a call that the previous car, while loading, damaged the decking on the trailer and that the driver is unable to load or unload vehicles from the trailer. The transport company gave an estimated 1-2 weeks for that particular truck to be back on the road. SO the broker broke the assignment and now finding a new transport company.

What would an e30 ownership be without any hiccups eh? Lol. Hopefully it gets reassigned by Monday and picked up this week. The parts are coming in! Btw...shout out to Blunttech for awesome customer service.

Have lots of parts coming in so it’s like e30 Christmas in September and will have LOTS of stuff to do...just need a car haha.

Comment

Car was supposed to be picked up tomorrow but the previous car was a long bed and not the short bed previously recorded for pickup. So that pushed my car off the 2nd truck it was assigned to. Still waiting to be reassigned. The parts are FLYING in now. Getting excited!

Comment

H&R Sports, Bil’s and all new spring and strut rubbers.

Comment

She’s finally on her way!

Comment

Rear head rests and mounting kit came in today!

Comment

Showed up 2 days early!!! Without getting under it, Im VERY happy with how it looks. Paint is perfect. Let the fun begin!!! So glad to be back into an e30.

Comment

Definitely needs a new back window and, honestly, since I’m putting so much money into it, I may just slap a new top on it. Also, I really like the tri-color stripe. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on an e30. Has the M/// colors as the pin stripe.

Comment

Cool stripe!

Comment

Good stuff, NOW the fun begins!
                          E30 320i vert
                          But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

Kopis and Neo Gens were mated today. They are a bit smaller than the Ridge Grapplers on the truck. These are gonna really make a difference on the car. I’ve inspected the car and I’m VERY happy with the condition. There is a small leak and I’m going to get under the beast and try to figure out the issue but it looks like its the back of the oil pan.

I’m guessing the oil pan gasket leaks on these (I think I remember this being a common issue).

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                              Kopis and Neo Gens were mated today. They are a bit smaller than the Ridge Grapplers on the truck. These are gonna really make a difference on the car. I’ve inspected the car and I’m VERY happy with the condition. There is a small leak and I’m going to get under the beast and try to figure out the issue but it looks like its the back of the oil pan.

I’m guessing the oil pan gasket leaks on these (I think I remember this being a common issue).
                              Love the wheels. Do you mind me asking where you scored them?
                              1991 318is
                              2004 330ci
                              2011 335d

Comment

Originally posted by dmanb2b View Post

Love the wheels. Do you mind me asking where you scored them?
                                I scored them on ebay. I purchased Alpina stickers from the UK but we'll see how they look before I stick them on.

Comment

Working...
                                X