• Show
Clear All

Some more progress....

Comment

Getting it prepared for this weekend

Comment

Resprayed engine bay, shaved trunk, color matches DB’s, Mtech 1 spoiler

Comment

Motor done. Trans mated and new Spec 2 clutch in. 60 lb injectors.

Ready to go back in.

Comment

Before motor and trans go in - front subframe from garagistic. New control arms, tie rods, HR springs, Bils shocks.

Called it a night but gonna rebuild struts tomorrow and get subframe and motor/trans in the car.

Comment

Thought this was a cool shot before we got started this weekend

Comment

Wow, this is going to be crazy. Any guesses how much power it will put down?

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                  Wow, this is going to be crazy. Any guesses how much power it will put down?
                  Will run 7-10psi to “stay safe” and hopefully produce 300 or so. Everything I’m running can do much more but I’d like to get some miles on it. Then thinking on the side I’ll start building a stroker. Most like ETA bottom and new Bimmerheads race head.

Comment

It’s back in! Went from the bottom and won’t do that in the future unless I have a lift.

Comment

That engine bay is so clean!. Was it repainted at some point? Mine is full of cosmoline :<(
                      1991 318is
                      2004 330ci
                      2011 335d

Comment

when did you weld in and paint those strut tower braces? did you fabricate those yourself or did you purchase them and end them in there? They are super cool.

Comment

Originally posted by dmanb2b View Post
                          That engine bay is so clean!. Was it repainted at some point? Mine is full of cosmoline :<(

I had it repainted before putting the motor back in...so about 4 days old.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                            when did you weld in and paint those strut tower braces? did you fabricate those yourself or did you purchase them and end them in there? They are super cool.

Its a convertible so the strut towers are reinforced.

Comment

Rebuilt struts with HR sport springs and Bils shocks. New brakes and pads put in the front. Gonna get all of the items wrapped up in the front before tackling the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
                                Its a convertible so the strut towers are reinforced.
                                This is new to me! I honestly didn't know that. That's great! Giving me ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X