Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new obsession

Hello everyone,

My name is mark and I am a new member here as well a first time e30 owner. I just bought an 89 325i vert 5 spd. Red on black 140k miles. Haven’t taken delivery of her yet. This forum is filled with so much info I’m kind of getting overwhelmed.

All I really have planned for her is a refresh on the suspension components, bilstein b8s with race springs. Bbs rs, not reps. already sourced them 4x100. I attached a photo of the wheels. They’re finished in black, but I asked him if he can refinish them in silver. What do you guys think, good call or bad call? Maybe I should keep them in black and when I want a change I can refinish them in silver. I would like your guy’s input.

Definitely going to upgrade the radio and speakers. I’m thinking a period correct radio but with modern options like Bluetooth.

So yea, just a drop, wheels, and upgraded stereo, And I almost forgot I wanted to get the scorpion exhaust. Quiet but nice sounding when you get on it. What is the difference between the catback and just the muffler besides price? Which should I get?

My daily driver is a Prius. I commute 60 miles round trip for work. As you can imagine, my work commute is no frills. I can’t wait to drive this thing into work during the summer with the top down banging through the gears.

Welcome - nice entry point into into an E30.
    Also tasteful mods planned.

E30 320i vert
    But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

Those wheels are nice! Who did them?
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Congrats! As a fellow convertible owner, top down weather is best during fall and spring depending on where you live. Look into the OEM CM5908 with the bluetooth option if you want that factory look, it's one of my favorite mods. The wheels look good as is, I say leave them the way they are.

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
        Looks like ewheelworks.
        sigpic

Comment

Congrats and welcome. The wheels look great. The polished faces and black inlays are very cool. Though not my "daily", I tend to put more miles on my E30 per year than my actual daily driver. It's just too much fun to leave in the garage.
          Last edited by mike.bmw; 10-31-2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
            This is his email.

studio.delucav@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
              Congrats! As a fellow convertible owner, top down weather is best during fall and spring depending on where you live. Look into the OEM CM5908 with the bluetooth option if you want that factory look, it's one of my favorite mods. The wheels look good as is, I say leave them the way they are.

Looks like ewheelworks.
              I’m in Connecticut/New York, and it might be too hot in the summer. This is my first convertible so not sure what to expect yet. I have saw that radio and it is on my list. I look at pictures of it while I’m waiting for her to be delivered and think to myself like damn should I do wheels and a drop, it does look good the way it is. But I do like the lowered look as well. I made up my mind and am
              going to get the rs’s.

Comment

Can someone tell me what size tires I would need for my wheels? 16x8 front and 16x10

Comment

Does anyone know if I can use the brackets
                  i have now for these smileys? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222905008824

Comment

sub'd for more

Comment

Just took delivery, found out the heat doesn’t work. What should be the first thing I look into for that?

tachometer doesn’t work. I researched and found that you need to replace the batteries in the SI. Not sure what si stands for, maybe someone can tel me. Just bought the two batteries.

Comment

It wasn't top down weather, it was like 40 degrees. But I had to try it out.
                        DC5E6ADB-68CF-4B5D-9BDD-9EF752C72C48 by Mark Lucovic, on Flickr

Comment

That's a great lookin 'vert! Just perfect! I would have done the same, temp be damned! Put on a jacket and hat and head out! Congrats! SI mean service interval. Lots of DIYs and companies willing to sell you corrected parts out there, good luck!

Comment

Sweet vert! I had an 87 on bbs a couple years ago. I lived in Berkshire county (west edge of MA) and the vert was definitely a 3 season car, I loved it! The si board is not a hard fix if your handy.

as for the heat- heater core could be bypassed, or the heater box controls could be screwed up. I’d check the hoses first, see if the inlet and outlet hose on the firewall are both hot. I think the hose off the rear of the head is the inlet to the core. (Others correct me if I’m wrong I’m not near my car)

If on is one isn’t, the core could be plugged. If both are hot, look at the heater control levers/ cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Conrad311; 11-15-2019, 08:54 PM.
                            "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
                            Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Looks good man. Enjoy it!
                              09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
                              05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
                              87 BMW 325is
                              a few bicycles

Comment

Working...
                              X