No announcement yet.

My new obsession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in, I received my wheels but now I need to get tires. I hope to install new stereo this month. bought morel components for the front and morel 2way for rear. Blaupunkt head unit, along with a 400 watt amp. After stereo installation, going to work on suspension. then put the wheels on.

Just gave her a bath today.

Last edited by Mark89; 04-04-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Those RS'es are going to look amazing on this vert! Thats some serious lip on the rear rims.
      What are your plans for suspension? Clear the sides of the garage as you are not going to want anything to potentially come into contact with the vehicle. Oh and when backing out never prop open a door to look backward in that single car garage.

Comment

What size are those rears? They look huge, I am assuming you are going to need some major fender work to get those in.
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
          What size are those rears? They look huge, I am assuming you are going to need some major fender work to get those in.
          They’re 16x9. Others have run 16x9 in the rear without fender work. Maybe they look bigger in the picture.

I sure hope I don’t run into that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark89 View Post

They’re 16x9. Others have run 16x9 in the rear without fender work. Maybe they look bigger in the picture.

Wow maybe its just the pic but the look bigger then 16x9

Comment

That must be trick photography because those rears look much bigger than 16x9. The lip on the rear wheels alone looks as wide as my lips and barrels combined. Break out a tape measure and show us! :-)

The 50/50 finish on those wheels is georgeous by the way. I'm assumin EWW?

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post

That must be trick photography because those rears look much bigger than 16x9. The lip on the rear wheels alone looks as wide as my lips and barrels combined. Break out a tape measure and show us! :-)

The 50/50 finish on those wheels is georgeous by the way. I'm assumin EWW?
                Exactly what I thought!

Comment

Definitely not 9s in the rear. He mentioned they were 10s in a previous post. Those are at least 4" lips.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice looking car.....congrats

Comment

Sorry guys, I’m a dumb ass. I’m learning as I go along.

thats why it says noobie under my username.

This is my first car that I’m modifying so I don’t shit about wheels and wheels sizes. So I measured the rear wheels and they are 16x10 with I believe a 3 in lip. I’ll take a pic tomorrow.

as long as I roll the fenders I shouldn’t have any rubbing?

Comment

Now that I’m thinking, the lip might actually be wider then 3 inches. The lip is considered where the lip starts(barrel ends) all the way to the inner flange? Even when it steps up, does that make sense?
                        Last edited by Mark89; 04-03-2020, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Just curious, but can you take a photo of the tape measure against the floor to the top of the lip (width from outer edge to outer edge)? Those look even wider than 10" to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                            Just curious, but can you take a photo of the tape measure against the floor to the top of the lip (width from outer edge to outer edge)? Those look even wider than 10" to me.
                            Yes, will do. i’m following what they’re telling me to do in this video to get measurement btw.

Comment

Yes, will do. i’m following what they’re telling me to do in this video to get measurement btw.

https://youtu.be/um2Yqqz2LfM
                              Also do you know the offset of them?

Comment

So went out to the garage and snapped some photos with a tape measure. Barrel's for the front and rears are definitely six inches. The rear lip looks to be 4.25" and the front looks to be 2.25". Gotta research on how to find offset, don't even know what the hell offset is.

Comment

Working...
                                X