February 2020 Car of the Month: Anthony B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February 2020 Car of the Month: Anthony B

***Editors Note: Late to start the month, but its a leap year so we get an extra day!... Our friends on the other side also have some amazing E30s. Heres a wonderful example. Glad the car is safe. Enjoy the goodness of an ITB M30 motor...***

Factory options:

Power window/sunroof

Color:
    Glacier Blue - Gletscherblau Metallic 280

Interior color:
    Dark blue

Engine modifications:
    M30b35 swap from a e34 535i, head is ported with 0.5mm larger valves, heavy duty springs, catcam 294/294, ARP studs, IE windage tray, RHDengineering ITB’s, LS1 coil packs

Exhaust:
    To be finished but consists of e28 535i headers modified to fit, running to single 2.5” high flow cat, & Xforce rear muffler

Transmission:
    Getrag 265/5 from an Aus special edition e28 528i msport, Sachs clutch, & RHDengineering lightweight flywheel, RTD shifter assembly

Differential:
    Medium case 3.15 LSD, rebuilt with 3 clutches & 25% lock, & Garagistic 2nd diff mount. Diff ratio to be changed out soon for a 3.46

Suspension:
    German engineering coil over kit with 450lb fronts & 600lb rears, Koni sport short dampers up front, custom calved GAZ rears, BC camber plates, AKG 80A LCA, condor subframe bushes, powerflex diff bushes, whiteline black tailing arm bushes, IE 24mm front swaybar & 19mm whiteline rear

Wheels:
    Simmons F90 16x8 +18 front with falken RT6 205/50r16, rears 16x8.5 +23 hankook rs3 225/50r16

Exterior modifications:
    Custom livery, Ebay special m3 wing, Alpina front valance, & home made splitter(ties to the bar & to the body of the car

Interior modifications:
    Heavy diet losing carpet/ sound proofing/ AC & heater box/ all audio, Garagistic floor mounts & sparco sprint seats, KAP extinguisher bracket, & Renown motorsports wheel

Story behind the car:
    The car itself was sold in 1990 from Sterling BMW based in Canberra which is Australia’s capital city & home to lots of foreign consulates where my e30 was first owned by the USSR consultant of Australia. I actually found one nod to the communist history of the car when i pulled the parcel shelf out to dye it, stuck between it & the rear glass was a Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov aka Lenin lapel pin.

I actually acquired the car accidentally going on 9yrs ago, I was in the market for a Ute(Australia for pickup) & my dad rang me out of the blue to say he’d found me my car. When I got to his car yard I was tad surprised but super excited to have an e30 definitely wasn’t as practical but meant I had a car to tinker with. The character of the car has had me smitten for years, & has just been that never ending project of replacing & upgrading which over 9yrs has seen it go from a poverty pack 318i auto to the ridiculously impractical but super fun toy it is now.

Build thread is here https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...-a-new-project

Last edited by 2mAn; 02-03-2020, 02:55 PM.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Congrats! I like a lot of things about this car. Some of my favorite parts of the car are the wheels, the valve cover, and the graphics/vinyl. Nicely done!

Comment

Good choice Simon! I see this car on insta a lot. :)

Nifty idea for the booster relocation.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

After years of admiring the cars that get car of the month I’m kinda elated that mine has been seen worthy

hopefully I will have it running soon, the bushfire down here saw some plans need to change but I should be back on track shortly

Comment

hell yeah
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Congrats on the car of the month Anthony! Well deserved. Looking forward some driving vids & dyno charts when it's 100% finished!
            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

As a fellow Aussie R3v'er - love to see it! I see the car on Facebook a bit, it looks really tidy, great work!

Comment

I'd like to see a picture of the communist lapel pin.

Comment

nice quality work and attention to detail. looks like a blast to drive! Got and sound clips?

What's the screen in the center console? aux gauge display?
                  '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                  Shadetree30

Comment

There are many E30s that deserve Car of the Month, but without build threads we will never know!

Excited to see this car continue to evolve, and hope everything settles down for you guys, it looks and sounds bad from up here
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That's dope as hell.
                      Excellent car!
                      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        There are many E30s that deserve Car of the Month, but without build threads we will never know!

Excited to see this car continue to evolve, and hope everything settles down for you guys, it looks and sounds bad from up here
                        dude, that's just the thing. it's not slowing down, not even a little and it's not even brush fire season. It's almost worst case scenario i feel. Wish we could do something to help besides send money.

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                          nice quality work and attention to detail. looks like a blast to drive! Got and sound clips?

What's the screen in the center console? aux gauge display?
                          Sound clip will come as soon as it gets fired up! Hopefully it won’t be too far off

the screen is the controller for the Davis Craig waterpump, you can run them through an ecu but this way I can keep it isolated & have it on it’s own circuit. The display does everything from temp settings, fan speed, battery voltage, & also pump warnings

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony B View Post

Sound clip will come as soon as it gets fired up! Hopefully it won’t be too far off

the screen is the controller for the Davis Craig waterpump, you can run them through an ecu but this way I can keep it isolated & have it on it’s own circuit. The display does everything from temp settings, fan speed, battery voltage, & also pump warnings
                            what about the lapel pin?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post

what about the lapel pin?
                              As requested, your daily fix of Lenin

Untitled by Ant Bolic, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X