Swanny 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swanny 2.0

Hey nerds, been a while. Figured I should start another build page for my next project. I snagged an 86 325(e) with a blown motor and since I had a spare I motor sitting around to just swap that in. All this took place over a few visit to my brother’s (where my cars are currently living) to get ready for some time on Deal’s Gap and the Brodeo. Here’s some pics and commentary: Tear downs and engine builds with stubby bottles In the drawn out transformation from e to i Oh hey, this shoulda been damn it all if I’m not about to start over. Yankin’ the blown eta. No saving the bottom end for another 2.7i. The timing belt snapped and valves were lost, walls and pistons chewed to shit. Got a great deal on ‘er though! The stable as we left it from this trip (from left to right): My brother’s 89 s52 swap, my 86 eta to i, my brother’s 91 325ic, the OG Swanny 327i. Came back through on another visit with my trust copilots Some more old man beer Heading into town with my brother we catch a flat in his X5. Came back with the 327 and laughed as the wheel barely fit in. Didn’t get anything done on my cars this trip but helped manual swap his vert. “Never again without a lift” was the oft repeated phrase. Tried to clay bar the hood and see if the clear was a total loss. It came back a little and might be salvageable with a proper cut and buff. Driving back down to FL and couldn’t pass up the opportunity. Jump ahead a bit and here we are in the Smokies. First of the Brodeo gang to arrive. Cold weather hammock set up. Worked remarkably well considering it was a surprise cold snap. Brr She did well as a basically stock/refreshed 325i. The eta rear end was very disorienting. Can keep it in 2nd up to 70 so finding power bands was interesting. Also ran into a little issue with power cut out. Think we traced it to a clogged cat. Fuel delivery was the initial guess but was ruled out. My next trip up will be to drop that and work on some audio. Stock radio will NOT clear CODE so looking to find another stock receiver to upgrade with bluetooth or just do a whole modern deck/amp/sub set up since I still have an unused lukebox. Thought I had way more progress photos and skipped over some details but I’m sure to add more between this and my original build.
    Last edited by Swanny; 07-14-2021, 07:45 AM. Reason: Where the eff are all the photos?
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Nice to see you still rockin' E30s, glad I could summon you.

Comment

Amazing what falls out of the tree when you shake it enough...

Glad to see you still rockin E30s.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        Nice to see you still rockin' E30s, glad I could summon you.
        Much appreciated. Moving, school, new jobs, And not having my cars with me ushered my fall off. Glad to see so many familiar faces still posting frequently.
        Swanny!
        SUCKERS.

Comment

Headed up to my brother's at the end of the month to get a little work done on the fleet. Excited to get a full stereo system installed into this bad boy. Will post some pics and details while I'm there.

And apparently add the photos that never posted or stopped being hosted.....
          Swanny!
          SUCKERS.

Comment

Was hoping to tap into the existing wiring but the damn 87 eta is a one off pain in the ass so all new wires run throughout. Speakers are Infinity Kappa 50.11, sub is MTX 3510-02 in a Lukebox (tm), all running through a Blaupunkt Breman 46 head unit, and powered by a Soundstream PN5.640D amp. Still need to do the final tidy up of the trunk wiring and planning on getting proper tweeter sails drawn up and 3d printed. Very happy with how it sound now and the bass will only fill in more as the speakers break in. Here’s some photos: TO BE UPLOADED IN THE FUTURE BECAUSE FUCK TAPATALK
            Swanny!
            SUCKERS.

Comment

lol, picture trolled
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                lol, picture trolled
                Lets try to remedy that The brains. Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 46. Color is adjustable and can use some fine tuning. Rear deck lid with Infinity Kappa 50.11 components. And a close up Car wasn’t equipped with the sail tweeters (new tweeters are much larger anyway) but made due with the blanks and the included mounting hardware. I’m planning on sketching out and 3d printing replacements that slide in to replace the tabs that are prone to failure. Lukebox with the yet to be gussied up wiring. That lil amp does the job well as its 4x80rms + 1x350rms all 2ohm and is in a quaint 8.25”x10.25”x2.75” package Had my trusty helper and quality inspector, Kona, on duty throughout the install. Additional friend was made; this poor guy laying next to the car one afternoon where it was in the 90s outside. Managed to get him cooled down and fed, then he was off like nothing happened. Ol’ husky is ridding shotgun on the dash for now.
                Swanny!
                SUCKERS.

Comment

Fuckin' miniature flower sucking sky whales.

Comment

Working...
                  X