October 2020 Car of the Month: KIRIEIW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 2020 Car of the Month: KIRIEIW

***Editors Note: Finally got a chance to feature this lovely car, and though I thought it was late in a year for a Convertible its still quite hot in California a drop top is still in use. A perfect combo of beautiful exterior and potent package under the hood without going overboard. Swap nearly looks factory!... Enjoy !! Congrats KIRIEIW!***

Factory options: Premium Sound, Heated Seats, Mtech 2 Package (S770a), Triple White.. (Wheels, Seats, Exterior Paint)

Color: Alpine White 2

Interior color: Lotus White

Engine modifications: S50 Engine Swap from a 95’ M3 Donor Car

Exhaust: Custom Downpipes welded to a factory M20 exhaust (for the “sleeper” look!)

Transmission: 5 Speed ZF Transmission from a 95’ M3 Donor Car

Differential: Limited Slip, 3.25LSD

Suspension:
    -Ground Control Coilover kit w/ shortened front strut housings
    -e36 Steering Rack Swap
    -All new control arms, bushings, tie rods, ect.

Wheels:
    -Genuine Alpina wheels (16x7 Square)
    -Euroweaves
    -Stock 14' white basket weave wheels

Exterior modifications:
    -Factory hardtop
    -Euro Grills
    -Ellipsoid Headlights

Interior modifications:
    -Mtech 2 Steering Wheel
    -Custom Shift Boot
    -ZHP Shift Knob

Story behind the car: A close buddy of mine was working for “DoorDash” at the time and spotted this Mtech parked on the street with expired tags in Palo Alto, CA. It looked promising so we decided to try and get in contact with the owner.. I waited very patiently, close to full year until I got the phone call out of the blue by the owner and was able to work out a deal.

The car was originally an automatic however I swapped it to a 5 speed w/ M20.. but shortly after a e36 M3 was posted for a more then reasonable asking price. I had no intentions of an Engine Swap but the price was right, the e36 wasn’t worth saving, and being a 95’ e36 M3 it was already OBD1.

The goal was simple... Do the absolute best job/ cleanest installation possible. I built the entire car in my driveway with 4x jack stands, R3vlimited and the information posted in the 24v section helped a tremendous amount during the build.

The S50 engine went on a stand and received new chain guides.. chains.. all new gaskets.. rebuilt VANOS.. All the “while your in there” parts. Eventually the engine made it’s way into the car and I’ve been cruising around in this Alpine White Mtech 2 Convertible ever since!

Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Well deserved and congrats KIRIEIW!

Always such clean and tidy work on all your projects - the Alpina's are a great finishing touch.

MJ

Comment

Congrats! The wheels look fantastic. KIRIEIW has such great build threads.

Comment

Very clean, beautiful car!
        '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Thanks everyone!! I also want to thank Simon for not only choosing me, but waiting on me for so damn long to take some photos haha.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Winning!!
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Working...
            X