No announcement yet.

A Brilliant 318i Slicktop Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely following this sub. I too picked up my touring during the pandemic. Haven’t gotten as far with driving it and upgrading parts but the Alcántara was one of the first things I purchased as my headliner is sagging horribly in the back. The Netherlands really did a number last year exporting e30 tourings haha.

Comment

I picked up an E30 Touring from Leo as well! I actually saw the listing for yours, and was tempted, but went with a different one in Laguna Green for a bit more money, hoping it'd be in better condition (that remains to be seen. It arrived, the snow started falling. I don't drive it on salty roads, but found a day where I could take it for a spin, and within minutes, smoke was billowing out the AC vents). Where did you source your 3.46 LSD?

Comment

Dig.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

"Fun" adventure to get the car. I know nothing about ports but I'm surprised it was shipped to San Fran over Seattle. Looking forward to more updates, looks super clean.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by HenryGM

What are your plans for that rig?
            Well, right now, it's at the doctors receiving a costly comprehensive check-up. They're installing the Garagistic delrin shifter kit, 80a poly offset FCABs, 80a poly rear subframe bushings, new timing belt, new fuel lines, replacing leaking cooling system hoses, yada yada yada.

Eventually, I'd like to put an alloy M52 in it, H&Rs and Konis, a Z3 rack, better brakes, and a different LSD. Right now, I think I'll just enjoy it as-is for a good while, maybe with a set of those Maxilite Alpina reps.

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
              That looks good. I can't wait to see the green and red...

You already have a new home for that 391?
              What's up dude! Hows Tacoma treating you?

Yeah the Acid green will be funky on the Brilliantrot. I keep going back and forth if I should proceed or reshoot them in a different color.

Yeah, the 3.91 is already claimed
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by hteverow View Post
                Where did you source your 3.46 LSD?
                Sourced it locally. Came off of a E28 if i'm not mistaken.

UPDATE!!

The car was for sale for a little while to fund a safer rig since we are expecting our first child. After much reflection and conversing with the wife, we decided to keep the touring! I think the plan now is to just buy a newer, cheaper daily driver just in case I don't have the X5D that day.

Since then, I've proceeded to get new tires all around for the Avez's

Toyo Proxws R1R
                205/45/r16 for the 16x7.5 fronts
                225/45/r16 for the 16x9 rears

I love this shot photo. Tourings are so damn awesome
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6094 (1).JPG Views:	0 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	9976640
                Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	9976637
                Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.4 KB ID:	9976638

I wanted to run 245/45's, but they don't make that size in the Toyo R1R. Overall very happy with how the fitment turned out.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.9 KB ID:	9976639

Race German with the sweet PBR homage

Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.4 KB ID:	9976641
                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Man, what an awesome story about the car, B. It was was great to finally see it the other day. Its fantastic!
                  -Peter
                  '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                  '91 318is slicktop project
                  '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                  '00 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post

What's up dude! Hows Tacoma treating you?

Yeah the Acid green will be funky on the Brilliantrot. I keep going back and forth if I should proceed or reshoot them in a different color.

Yeah, the 3.91 is already claimed
                    Great! I've gotten quite a bit done in the new shop.
                    I fully support the brash nature of acid on red. Some times it's good when things just... pop.
                    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                    Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Thanks Petey G!

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                      Great! I've gotten quite a bit done in the new shop.
                      I fully support the brash nature of acid on red. Some times it's good when things just... pop.
                      Ian, good to hear! Yeah the Acid Green on Brilliant will be....different lol. Porsche does a bunch of cool color ways, so why not give it a shot!
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Rear End Update!

I've been sitting on my rear subframe refresh for a bit, but I am finally getting some traction on this.

I sent the subframe off to a buddy of mine adam.nonis to get the camber adjustments welded in. While he was at it, he generously sprayed it with "STEEL-IT". First time hearing about it, but it sounds like some really cool stuff.

The new style Camber adjustments from garagistic seem to be very well made. The new design implements serrated teeth on each mounting bracket to effectively lock in the desired angle.
                        I also opted to upgrade to 80a poly bushings for the subframe mounting points. I'll be doing Lemforder Rear Trailing arm bushings since I really don't want the added noise from the poly in the trailing arms. I think this will be a good compromise since this is strictly a street car.

Adam was also able to weld in reinforcements for the Differential mounting points. I'll be installing a Garagistic Differential Stud kit as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6162.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	9979070
                        Attached Files
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

V nice updates man ! i'm really digging the azevs , kinda tempted in buying a set , but 9.0 on the rear i'm kinda concerned it will rub . plus i'm about to put rx7 calipers , not sure if they will clear at front !

keep the good stuff coming man ! love the color of the calipers btw haha

Comment

Need more updates on this beauty.

Edit - Just saw you sold it, oops.
                            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                              Need more updates on this beauty.

Edit - Just saw you sold it, oops.
                              spiDmang is like10x worse than I am with changing cars... He's building quite another beauty now... but he may have already sold it
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                              X