No announcement yet.

1989 320i Touring (Now w/M54 swap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly the ride height I want for my Touring. Can you link to the Touring Specific H&R springs? Where did you order them from?

Comment

benfidar Hey, yea I ordered from TunerShop

They are very quick, received my set in a week.

Comment

Awesome work! Looks a lot like my touring!
        Current Builds
        1989 S52 E30 Touring | The Grey Athletic Shoe
        1993 Toyota Landcruiser | The Trail Snail

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F0AB7B01-4C43-4BAE-B6A5-320254C536A6.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	10085485 So the swap is complete thanks to TCEuro.

had some trouble the past couple of weeks, as they had been having issues with building proper pressure in the slave.

seems to ZF trans came from an e46 and not an e36.

we had been trying with an e36 m3 slave and 328 slave, but ordered an e46 slave once we traced the transmission

Click image for larger version

Name:	2B484134-C17C-4C6B-AC22-28D0CA621846.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	10085486 (this was taken after the swap was completed but the slave didnt hold pressure.)

will hopefully have a nice driving vid for you guys soon.

Comment

-2023 Update-

Engine swap complete-ish

-Leaking fuel lines (solved)
            -DISA/Vacuum issues (mostly solved)
            -Blown E-Fan Fuse (on hold)

Ive been ripping around with the car for a couple of months, its quick, I still hate the e-throttle and Im not 100% on the trans (needs dentent repair at some point)

Planning what's next for this build and came across an M6x motor about 2hours from me. Decided I would message the owner and see if I could grab a hunk of junk to putz around with for the next couple of years.

After a couple back and forths, we settled on $200. Guy bought it for his X5 but said it didnt come with VANOS and he couldnt use it. He also didnt know much about the engine.

Figured why not, if its a 4.4L sweet, if its a 3 or 3.5 then Ill have the fun of taking an engine apart.

(edit* car has VANOS and Im positive its a 4.4L TU)

I still plan to dial in the M54 swap for the time being, get some trim back on the car (side skirt pods) and gear up for body work. I figured by the time Im ready for body work, Ill be ready to pull the m54 and throw something else in (hopefully an m62).
            Last edited by IncogutheIII; 10-10-2023, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X