Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here for that update...

image (10) by serdar.gurhan, on Flickr
    PM me for custom shift knobs and stickers!
    Originally posted by marshallnoise
    You ain't done working on a car unless you are bleeding.

Comment

Youtube is really lagging on the processing. In the meantime I can post a hint or two.

Comment

Okay here we go. First time on Sears Point, first time tracking wheee30. Nothing even exploded, though the car has been down on power for the past few weeks (butt dyno says ~30hp shy of where it should be, but who knows) and the "high temp" RTV I used to seal the diff cover apparently wasn't high enough temp. I skipped the final session because the diff was leaking.

Also the rear tires were a bit bald and it got worse later in the day, of no help on my part. Here ya go. :)

Last edited by Wh33lhop; 09-07-2014, 11:22 PM.

Comment

you've got a weird line through 2 and 4, is that the diff forcing understeer?
          cars beep boop

Comment

Haha. Nah no understeer. Seemed like the fastest line to me.

Comment

anyway i wish i could've been out there! i miss that track.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Yeah you were right man. Best track in the Bay Area, definitely better than Laguna. I need to go back in the next few months for sure.

Comment

Damn that looks fun! Nice driving, could tell you were in the zone. Same spring rates and sway bars? How are the pfc 11's working out?

Comment

noiceeeeeeeeeee!
                    10 minutes... then we invade China.
                    We'll begin with the small town of General Tso's,
                    And move to the Orange chicken province.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
                      Damn that looks fun! Nice driving, could tell you were in the zone. Same spring rates and sway bars? How are the pfc 11's working out?
                      Thanks buddy, I'm always in the zone in this car :) yeah ASTs 600/780 and 22/19 sways, 3.5 camber and a little toe out. I do like the pads but wasn't confident in the brakes for unrelated reasons, so I was braking early. I think I have a weird booster issue or something, plus the pedal got a little spongy as the day went on. Again, nothing to do with the pads though.

I think of this as a shakedown run. The first time on track doing its thing and it was crazy fun. Can't wait to go back.

Comment

ugh so Jealous. better than Laguna???!?! interesting. Either way, I want to drive both tracks next year, just need to get some seat time under my belt. What group were you in? It looked like you were free to pass whenever a slow car was in your way
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah better than Laguna IMO. I really liked Laguna too.

This was the fast intermediate group. Point by recommended but not required. I always waited for a point by as I just don't trust people to see me and I have no power to pass on straights. Most of the point bys you just can't see since my passenger's head is in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                            Yeah better than Laguna IMO. I really liked Laguna too.
                            I hear this alot. more turns and you dont feel like you need 900hp to get up the hill.
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Here's what it actually looked like out there, lol.

teehee

Surprisingly some more body roll than I expected (yeah I missed the apex, fuck you that was the first session and the fastest corner)

Comment

Lol that's freekin awesome! I can't tell is the guy in the s2000 pointing you by or flipping you off :)

Comment

Working...
                                X