Alpine m30 336i e30 (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmmm...this is gonna be fun!
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

If you have not addressed the OPN on the M30, do it before you get it in the car, its quite the bitch after its in. Looks great so far!
      1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
        If you have not addressed the OPN on the M30, do it before you get it in the car, its quite the bitch after its in. Looks great so far!
        is it an issue on the M30's?
        i have mine out and the pan off right now. shoudl i tack it in place?

Comment

M30's are f-ing hot.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Get them cut and rewelded.
            Nice build
            We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by weaksauce View Post
              is it an issue on the M30's?
              i have mine out and the pan off right now. shoudl i tack it in place?

While you have it off, I would either tack it permanently or drill and pin it. I ended up covering mine it locktite and cranking it down. They have the same tendency of backing off as the 24v motors.
              1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                Nope it's going to the crusher undoubtedly.. The other day while driving, I was trying to decide what to do with it and whether or not I should scrap it.. I was literally in mid-thought and my power steering and drive belts snapped simultaneously, leaving me stranded on the side of the road, so that settled it.
                Ha. I've heard this story before. Don't feel bad about your decision, I made the exact same one. I tried to love my e34 for as long as I could but as soon as I got my e30, the e34 seemed so useless. One day I was also driving and thinking about scrapping the e34 or maybe doing something else with it. Than out of nowhere a flange on my radiator blew off shooting coolant all of my engine bay and windshield. That put the nail in that coffin for me

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
                  While you have it off, I would either tack it permanently or drill and pin it. I ended up covering mine it locktite and cranking it down. They have the same tendency of backing off as the 24v motors.
                  I wanna see proof of this tendency.

Nice build, That thing should be a beast winding out in a e30.

Comment

I think E34 is a perfect 2nd car to an E30 ;)
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by e30_kid89 View Post
                      I wanna see proof of this tendency
                      how I found my oil pump sprocket. Yes, it was a bitch to do while the motor was in the car.

Comment

Motor and trans are in the car. Still have a lot of finishing work to do and I need to find a driveshaft combo that will work. I had an e34 driveshaft out of my 535i/5 so I figured I was set, but I guess late 535i's came with different shafts because this one is completely different. Going to pull the driveshaft out of my e28 parts car tomorrow, but it had a 265 in it so I'm not sure that will work either, but we'll see. Headers should be back from the powder coater first thing next week, I'll be sure to add more pics then
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

looks great,

you used the g265 in the e30 right? if you didnt then i think the shorter g265 e28 DS front half woould work perfect with a stock e30 rear and a g260. but if you used the g265 then the DS from the e28 will be too long...

i hope that made sense

e30+m30+g265+e28 g265 DS front half+e30 DS rear half = will not work

e30+m30+g260+e28 g265 DS front half+e30 DS rear half = sounds like it will fit like a glove

but seriously looking great

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

I want your Azevs. Such a cool project!

-Paladin
                            Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Looks great, the Azevs are perfect.

I'll never forgive you for parting that e34 though.
                              Originally posted by LJ851
                              I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
                                looks great,

you used the g265 in the e30 right? if you didnt then i think the shorter g265 e28 DS front half woould work perfect with a stock e30 rear and a g260. but if you used the g265 then the DS from the e28 will be too long...

i hope that made sense

e30+m30+g265+e28 g265 DS front half+e30 DS rear half = will not work

e30+m30+g260+e28 g265 DS front half+e30 DS rear half = sounds like it will fit like a glove

but seriously looking great
                                Yeah I used the 260 and my parts car had a 265. Hoping that will work

Originally posted by PaladinReed View Post
                                I want your Azevs. Such a cool project!

-Paladin
                                Thanks, don't think I'll be getting rid of them ever! I'd wanted a set since my first e30 days before i got these.

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                                Looks great, the Azevs are perfect.

I'll never forgive you for parting that e34 though.
                                Yeah I mean I certainly regret every now and then, but it really wasn't quite as nice as people think it was or maybe I'm just trying to justify it for myself I dont know anymore lol.
                                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Working...
                                X