No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no plans what so ever on spending any money on a paint job right now. Maybe this winter. When I start a project I commit to it %100 and I do not go spending money randomly on other stuff. That way the project gets done, and the car is coherent.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Got my new HOMAK BK01032101 3-Drawer Tool Box yesterday. It is raining really hard today, and the rain keeps blowing into my shed sideways while I am working. I can not make any progress till this passes and I get my lower timing cover in the mail some time next week. It looks like I am working steady Monday threw Friday as well.
      Sins I could not work on the block, I spent some time wiping my tools down and putting them away in their new home.

I really like this box so fare and it was only about $56 w/ shipping on Amazon.

The sliders seam strong and sturdy, it has good room, and it came with drawer mats.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Got a very small amount of work done today.
        I cleaned up the thermostat housing and put a thermostat in it, and cleaned up a bunch of random brackets along with the alternator bracket.
        I really hope I can get more done next weekend!
        Fucking rain is pissing me off!

I am having a hard time figuring out how the alternator mounts back onto the alternator bracket correctly. I know it is really easy and I will smack my self in the face when I figure it out.
        sigpic

Comment

Got some parts in the mail today that will let me continue putting the block back together. I wish it would stop raining!
          I spent some time cleaning the alternator the other day. Ill post some pictures later on.
          Sunday, and Monday are suppose to be for partially cloudy. Hopefully I will be able to spend some time in my shed.
          sigpic

Comment

so the rain has finely stopped for what looks like a few days... and spring brake has started...
            i broke a fucking bolt off in the lower crank case cover i just fucking ordered. it already fucking held me up a week, and now it looks like i am going to spend all or most of spring brake waiting for the second one to get here. FFUUUCCKKK! i am so pissed right now.
            it is not extractable. already tried that and the extractor bit just eats threw the bolt. fucking bull shit!
            sigpic

Comment

which type of extractor are you using? Did you try heat as well?
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                so the rain has finely stopped for what looks like a few days... and spring brake has started...
                i broke a fucking bolt off in the lower crank case cover i just fucking ordered. it already fucking held me up a week, and now it looks like i am going to spend all or most of spring brake waiting for the second one to get here. FFUUUCCKKK! i am so pissed right now.
                it is not extractable. already tried that and the extractor bit just eats threw the bolt. fucking bull shit!
                How thick is the bolt? If it's thick enough you can cut a groove in it and use a screw driver to twist it out

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                  which type of extractor are you using? Did you try heat as well?
                  Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                  How thick is the bolt? If it's thick enough you can cut a groove in it and use a screw driver to twist it out
                  I tried everything! Fucker did not want to go. It did not help that the cover it self is made out of very soft metal.
                  I ended up fixing the original cover I had and using it. Progress is underway, but it started raining again! :down:
                  Ill have pictures up later.
                  sigpic

Comment

well i spent today bolting a few parts back onto the block, but it looks like i will not be making much more progress till i can buy a cam and take the head in to get worked over.
                    i do not have much to do until then. maybe paint the intake, and clean and/or paint a few other small parts here and there.
                    sigpic

Comment

So a small amount of progress. This is about as fare as I can get before I get the head finished :(

Does anyone know where this goes?

Front end.

As fare as I got cleaning up the intake before my battery died (need a corded drill!), it started raining again, and I felt like playing some more xbox.

It is going to be a few weeks till I can afford to order my cam, and send the head in to the shop. TTFN
                      sigpic

Comment

Holy friggin balls that has to be the cleanest M20 ive ever seen. A+++ love cleaning and repainting stuff. It bothers me to put a dirty part in.
                        1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                        1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                        1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                        1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                          Holy friggin balls that has to be the cleanest M20 ive ever seen. A+++ love cleaning and repainting stuff. It bothers me to put a dirty part in.
                          Yeah I went kind of OCDC (OCD my way ;)) on it. I have really had a lot of fun just sitting around cleaning and painting stuff. It feels like a better use of my weekends then sitting around on my computer and xbox all day.
                          sigpic

Comment

Finished cleaning and painting the intake today. I also picked a 318 fuel pump up for $40. I was stoked on that.
                            This week I want to reassemble the intake with the throttle body and so on, and take the cam shaft out of my head to send to Ireland Engineering.

sigpic

Comment

Took my head apart. In the proses of doing so I destroyed the torx bolt holding the pulley on the fly wheel. This resulted in me having to cut the fly wheel off to get the torx bolt out. Good going jeremy! You monumental ass! lol
                              Well now I have an excuse to by an adjustable cam pulley :)
                              My tax return should be coming in on the 15th along with a decent pay check on the 20th. That should get things rolling again. I really want to get the motor done so I can start on other parts of the swap. I am seriously champing at the bit here!
                              sigpic

Comment

Hehe progress :pimp:

Sent my dad the link to your build thread, he blew his MGA motor, 30psi in cyl 3... Hoping this will inspire him to do some engine work. I mean, if you can do it :-D
                                Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                                A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                                X