No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally understand. I just want them to go to a good home.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I hope they find one because they ate nice.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

had some fun on skyline drive today

also started taking apart the intake for cleaning. yuk!

sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Ordered a whole mess of parts for my m20 refresh from blunttech.com today.
          I also got my engine stand in the mail today and put it together. My weekend will be spent cleaning and painting the bottom end.
          sigpic

Comment

Not bad, I want to get one of those mapping programs for my droid. Once I get my e30 on the road ill have fun with that.

Comment

By the way, I don't think 323 headers will fit on an 02, you still have the unaccounted for clearance of the idler arm tower on the subframe. The e21 has a rack.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
                By the way, I don't think 323 headers will fit on an 02, you still have the unaccounted for clearance of the idler arm tower on the subframe. The e21 has a rack.
                Yeah I am going with MSD headers.

Got my parts from the twisted world of Blunt today. As always VERY fast shipping!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                  Yeah I met Fernando at a local get together. Nice guy, super cool cars!
                  I would love toy have my car painted but I don't make much money and can not afford a paint job. I would try and do it my self but I have no where to do it.
                  I wish there were scholarships or something of the like that would fund projects like this.
                  It really is a learning proses for me, and I think kids like me that spend their time and money doing something productive and educational should get some help! ; )
                  I'd love to have an alpine white 2002 that or something like Delphin grau or the 2002 turbo silver.
                  Sorry about such a late reply to this, BUT....

The fremont maaco can hook you up with a seriously decent paintjob for around 5-600. If you do most of the prep yourself you can get out of their super cheap. The guy who i sold my basketweaves to had gotten his bronzit e30 painted there for 700 he said and maaco did most of the prep. His car looked new. Once I get my car sorted I am either getting it repainted there or the one in vacaville (literally 4 blocks from my house).

Comment

Originally posted by pizzaman View Post
                    Sorry about such a late reply to this, BUT....

The fremont maaco can hook you up with a seriously decent paintjob for around 5-600. If you do most of the prep yourself you can get out of their super cheap. The guy who i sold my basketweaves to had gotten his bronzit e30 painted there for 700 he said and maaco did most of the prep. His car looked new. Once I get my car sorted I am either getting it repainted there or the one in vacaville (literally 4 blocks from my house).
                    ill have to check that out.

cheers
                    sigpic

Comment

Got to cleaning the motor up today. Started stripping it down more, cleaned the oil pan and painted it, and cleaned the top end off a bit.
                      I am going to continue tomorrow.

Bottom end

Top end dirty!

Top end clean!

Oil pan cleaned and painted

I realized I forgot to get a few things from Steve when I put in my last order. Who needs a alternator belt anyways? hahaha

It is also nice to see what a dishwasher can do to a oil pump! I am going to have to sneak more parts into the dishwasher later on.
                      Last edited by deutschman; 03-12-2011, 06:42 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Got some more work done today.
                        I took some more stuff off the motor. Right now I am still trying to get the front crank shaft cover off, but I am having a hard time pulling part of the crank shaft pulley off. The oil pump pulley came off easy. Ones that sucker is off I can finish cleaning and painting the block.
                        Whats the best way to get the freeze plugs out?

Valve cover cleaned and painted.

Cleaned off the oil sensor thingamajig.

I get sick pleasure out of doing all this cleaning and reassembly! lol
                        It really is satisfying.
                        Sadly the rain cut my progress short today. Hopefully it clears up a bit tomorrow.

Cheers guys!
                        Last edited by deutschman; 03-14-2011, 12:03 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Got some more work done today. Finished cleaning and painting the block, along with sticking the oil pan back on. I also cleaned the oil filter housing inside and out. Sadly the seal kit for the filter housing I ordered from Blunttech did not show up in the order so I could not put it all back together yet. I think the seals got confused with another part when I placed my order or something.
                          The drivers side motor mount has one hole that is not quite right as well, so I will have to do some work on that next weekend.

Miss matched holes

Till next weekend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Damn your not wasting time, engine looks great so far.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pureaudio View Post
                              Damn your not wasting time, engine looks great so far.
                              Well I started a new job that pays a lot better then my last job, so I am only working 4 days every week along with going to school for a few hours 5 days a week. I have a good amount of free time to use up, and there is nothing I hate more then not using my time in a positive productive way. ;)
                              sigpic

Comment

DON'T SPEND THE MONEY ON A PAINT-JOB, GET A CAM!

When you're driving the car, what's gonna make you happier?
                                Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                                A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                                X