No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a few small things done today. I got the electronics switched over from my m20 AFM to my m30 AFM. Then I gave it a quick clean.
    Also got my diff out put shaft flanges cleaned up with some new seals.

sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
      Getting some parts in from Blunt soon. Should be ordering all the rest of my exhaust stuff in a few weeks. Then I need to get my fly wheel lightened, get a short shift kit, cluch slave, painless wiring kit, and then I'll have all my parts!!!
      Shoulda told me you needed a clutch slave, just packaged the E30 for pick n pull tomorrow. Call my dad and see if you can grab it in time before work.
      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Some more random parts. I also sent my 19# injectors out to OKinjectors to get cleaned and re-manufactured.
        Got my vacuum hoses in.

And the bearings I need to finish the diff, with some exhaust studs from Mr. Blunt.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Ordered all my stainless tubing, band clamps, glass pack, and y-pipe today! It should all be here by the 15th which is my Bday! Im excited!
          sigpic

Comment

Wow Summit is insanely fast here in Cali! I ordered my parts a few minutes before the post at 4:10pm, and I just got an email this morning that the parts are out for delivery already!
            sigpic

Comment

4x 2.5" exhaust band clamps, 1x exhaust welding band clamp, 1x Y-pipe (2"in 2.5" out), 1x Cherry Bomb glass pack (for resonator).
              Just waiting on my 2.5" mandrel bent stainless tubing kit from mandrel-bends.com.

Sadly I ordered lap joint clamps. I should have gotten but joint clamps. Good thing they are only $7 each!
              Last edited by deutschman; 11-11-2011, 10:30 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Got some stuff done today.
                I scored a Milwaukee Metal Chop Saw off C-list last night for $45 for my exhaust and other welding projects. I am super stoked on it! I am also getting a Hobart 140 from my girl for Xmas.

I still want to find a small counter top bench press, and a bench vise.
                I also finished the diff today.
                I got the old worn bearing seats cut out.

And the new ones installed.

Then I just threw everything together.

And now I have a limited slip 3.64:1 early e21 diff (using the LS mechanism from an e30 small case 4.10 diff). I will need 8mm bolts but no spacers for this diff to bolt into my car!
                sigpic

Comment

Oooooh! 2.5" stainless steel exhaust tubing!
                  http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog...FQZbhwodg0uJqQ good prices!
                  Last edited by deutschman; 11-17-2011, 05:52 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Got my injectors back from Okinjectors. I am happy about the flow rate increase.
                    Okinjectors is great as well! They are part of the same company as High Performance Store Inc. (silicone hoses provider). They were very fast returning all my emails and phone calls, and refunded me my money very quickly when I accidentally payed them twice with Paypal (F**K PAYPAL!). Very happy with them and their work!
                    These are 19lb injectors. It was $139 for six injectors with new seals, o-rings, and pintle caps. They come with a one year warranty as well.

sigpic

Comment

I am having some bad "project butterflies!"
                      I keep thinking "what if the engine does not turn over?" and "what if it does start, but eats its self up from the inside?" God I am nervous!!!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I love this thread, now I've got butterflies too. Keeping my fingers crossed.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by JinormusJ
                        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                        1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                        1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                        1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                        1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

So it's oficial. I will be taking the month o April off to install the motor and all the other parts. I talked to my Chef (I'm a cook) at work today and he is going to hire me as a Sue Chef after December with a pay rase! I am so stoked!
                          That gives me 4 more months to collect parts for the car!
                          I am thinking of buying a Kirk weld in roll cage.
                          sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the job upgrade(?)! Really glad to see this project is still going strong and is drawing to a close!

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Congrats on the job upgrade. I thought it was "sous" , though?
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                                Congrats on the job upgrade. I thought it was "sous" , though?
                                Deutschman is a cross-dresser?
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by JinormusJ
                                Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                                1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                                1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                                1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                                1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X