No announcement yet.

noe30's 89 325i build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's really a sick car . I would like to see more . I'm posted!!!
    sigpic(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

yeah for real. makes me want to turbo my m20 so bad. subbed. we want more updates!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

Thanks guys. Going to clean up the m50 today, ill get some pics before I start tearing it down.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Nice build
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I'm currently do a clutch job on my e30. I keep breaking clutch master cylinders, the rod snaps right off at the eyelet, broke 3 this year alone. So I decided I was going to buy a clutch kit, slave, mc, trans mounts, quibo, and driveshaft support bearing. I don't know why they keep breaking so I'm just gonna replace it all, everything needs it anyway.
            Here's some progress pics, I dropped the trans, clutch, flywheel last night but didn't take any pics yet.

IMG_0177 by m_colby, on Flickr

Nice gash taken out of the oil pan on the driver side, I need a skid plate. How do the race skid plates mount to the rad support? Do they just use self taping screws? My rad support is kinda messed up as you might be able to see, I wonder if it would still work? I might just make my own as my father owns a welding shop.

IMG_0182 by m_colby, on Flickr

IMG_0175 by m_colby, on Flickr

IMG_0174 by m_colby, on Flickr

Clean under body, rust wise that is, ignore the oil slick.

IMG_0171 by m_colby, on Flickr

Since this doesn't say S4.10 does that mean I have an open diff?

IMG_0153 by m_colby, on Flickr

Diff seal I have to replace.

IMG_0152 by m_colby, on Flickr

IMG_0150 by m_colby, on Flickr

IMG_0149 by m_colby, on Flickr

Flickr

Comment

Power sprayed the under body yesterday, cleaned off all the nasty oily undercoating. I was planning on spraying some new stuff tonight but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. My short shifter kit from understeer.com came in today, so as soon as I can get to work on it again I'll be making some good progress. This has taken way too long already, hopefully I will be driving it late this week.

Flickr

Comment

Still posted glad to see your still doin good with the car. I love how clean the car is.
                sigpic(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

what do you use to clean the dirty carpet?
                  Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Simple & done right, thats the way more cars need to be built nowadays...well, at least done right lol

Keep up the good work! Way to represent the midwest
                    Originally posted by e30lov
                    sweet a mk4 jetta, haven't seen one of them for about 14 seconds
                    Adventures of an E30

Comment

Originally posted by NuthinFancy View Post
                      Still posted glad to see your still doin good with the car. I love how clean the car is.
                      Thanks, I'm slowly making progress.

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
                      what do you use to clean the dirty carpet?
                      Just some random carpet cleaner from an auto parts store, I'll see if I can find the can.
                      Edit: it was called Blue Corral Upholstery Cleaner, blue and white can with a built in scrubber on top.

Originally posted by mRodiek View Post
                      Simple & done right, thats the way more cars need to be built nowadays...well, at least done right lol

Keep up the good work! Way to represent the midwest
                      Thanks!

Flickr

Comment

That blue coral stuff is the shit, havnt found anything that works nearly as well.

Curious, how much did you pay to have the head rebuilt, thinking about doing it while i have mine out.
                        1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                        1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                        1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                        1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                          That blue coral stuff is the shit, havnt found anything that works nearly as well.

Curious, how much did you pay to have the head rebuilt, thinking about doing it while i have mine out.

I think it was like $120 or so, all they did was check to make sure the cam, springs etc were within spec still, install new valve seals (came with gasket kit) and machine it down a little to make sure it was perfectly flat.

Flickr

Comment

Power sprayed the under body, this is afterwards. It's a little cleaner than before but not perfect.

IMG_0184 by m_colby, on Flickr

Heat shields before cleaning.

IMG_0176 by m_colby, on Flickr

And after

IMG_0188 by m_colby, on Flickr

Cleaned up trans

IMG_0189 by m_colby, on Flickr

New under coat

IMG_0196 by m_colby, on Flickr

IMG_0197 by m_colby, on Flickr

Re-installed the flywheel and new clutch today. My short shifter kit came in yesterday as well. Hopefully ill be putting the trans back in tomorrow along with new trans mounts, engine mounts, and quibo. Then I'm on to the drive shaft and support bearing and exhaust. Should be driving it again this week hopefully.

Flickr

Comment

Damn I really need to keep updating this more than just when my car breaks down. Either way, a few weeks ago I let a friend drive my car around the block and.... he broke an axle (the driver side to be exact) so my car went off the road and on to the lift again.
                              Following the similar style of the rest of this build I decided that if I'm going to replace the axles then I might as well give the rear end a bit of a re-fresh. So currently I'm in the process of replacing both axles, IE rear strut mounts, IE trailing arm bushings, OEM rear subframe bushings, OEM diff mount bushing, diff out put seals, and rear wheel bearings. This thing should ride worlds better once I'm done as the old bushings were shit. The subframe itself had at least an inch of play when twisting it back and forth by hand. The entire rear end is currently tore out but I will get some photos to document the progress, hopefully it should be complete by this weekend.

Flickr

Comment

subscribed...
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                                ---------------------------------
                                89 E30 S52
                                ---------------------------------
                                Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                X