Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    90 dB at 25m for Marulan :( Its on a private block of land and neighbours are already whinging about noise. Racetracks are dying fast in NSW :(
    Last edited by e30guydownunder; 05-07-2012, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dirtysix
    replied
    Yeah, na it's all good.

What's the noise limit at the track?

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    yeah gayer than aids. It's not that quiet with the muffler though :p

Leave a comment:

• dirtysix
    replied
    Poofter.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    The tuner was whinging about my ear ache of a car so it now has a muffler and plumbed in screamer....More so I will be able to go to a few tracks with quite stringent noise limits.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    didn't you see the 13sec video? :p just tried to take one of my new exhaust with a muffler but go pro wouldn't play ball

Leave a comment:

• burkey001
    replied
    hmmm skid vids not loading

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    We have motorvation! Got the car running 11pm Saty and dragged it down to the dyno on Sunday. Spent all day there finding lots of little problems and fixing them. Called it quits when the fuel pressure began to become inconsistent. I have a piece of fuel hose (10mm opps) between the surge and the 044.....making life a bit hard for the old pump. Working out how hard I want to tackle the fuel system but we will be back for more power.

In any case the engine is run in nicely it would seem, the E85 is going well and the engine sounds sweet. No strange noises like the other two and has no problems revving right out :)

I forgot to take the dyno plots to work to scan but should post them tomorrow. In the meantime we have 190kW @ 9 psi boost. Very happy....given last time I left the dyno I had this figure at 14psi! Have also picked up a bunch of response with the new engine / turbine housing. have boost much earlier than previous.

Here is a short video after the dyno tuning.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    The alternator has been moved forwards, the oil lines are made and I went to Melbourne for the weekend! Atleast that's what people tell me. BIG weekend was BIG. But now I'm back and we are full in the swing of making this jigger go. My Old man has put some time into the electrics over the weekend and that is getting closer.

Put some heat shit on the tank and installed the exhaust:

EARL's!

Lines and Wrinkle black everywhere

Few extra turbo lines and heat wraps

Closing in on the assemble everything and turn the electrics on mark!

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    I'm dragging this thing along to the finish! Tuner has given me till 12th of March before he goes on holidays so been busting some balls getting cracking.

Go to install turbo....opps theres that exhaust stud that was fucked. Another day another part. All fixed with a Seal lock threaded insert.

Some more wrinkle black was applied. Loving it!

Hey hey, the power unit has landed

And so has the oil pump drive collar!

Some extra steering column gauges...heaps sick aye

So the list of custom modification is looking like this:

- Move Alternator forward 5mm
    - Make Oil Lines (picked up some black nylon braided lines and earls fittings)
    - Finish off the electrical side of things
    - Reassemble the engine bay!

Getting close now, it's a lil bit exciting.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Ohh yeah. E85 will prolly be happening :)

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    I got excited recently.

No picture but also cut 2-3kg of wiring out of the car, didn't delete any features just left over wiring that was not required! working towards having the car alot neater.

Also bought a few bits and bobs that are in the mail:
    - New Cam spray bars
    -GTiR Oil Pump Drive (current supplier is being a dick bought one from Canada :/ )
    - New CAS because my brother knocked the original one and smashed the plug :/

Also been formulating a plan for the oil accumulator and this is probably going to lead to the purchase of new oil lines. Just cause.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Reap3r View Post
    With any luck mine will be running sometime in march I hope. Still got no idea of power figures yet, Really just looking for it to run and be reliable.
    Pretty much where I'm at. Just want to drive it again. getting on boost and going sideways was fun :)

Your plans sound nice :)

Originally posted by OniKyan View Post
    So, you're going back to an M42?
    No I just finished reinstalling the built SR20.

Leave a comment:

• OniKyan
    replied
    So, you're going back to an M42?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X