X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reap3r
    replied
    Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
    Cheers Ben, How's your thing going? Must be enjoying it you been pretty quiet.
    Yeah its been going pretty good, Just a few small things to sort out still. Swapping in a lower Temp thermostat today and Getting a 3 inch flex in my exhaust Friday because The exhaust shop never did it despite me asking for it about 3 times. Apart from that It just has 1 oil leak to fix then I'll probably end up getting a custom fuel rail & lines, aftermarket FPR and a 3 Map switch, Then it'll be going back to the dyno for more boost!

Have had a bit of a break from working on it though and stopped spending money on it and just enjoyed it so far haha.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Cheers Ben, How's your thing going? Must be enjoying it you been pretty quiet.

I have been busy lately, refitted the old triple core radiator I had, modified the intercooler pipe work and fitted the larger intercooler out front. I just have a few little jobs to do with some ducting an such but I am ready for the dyno.

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Nice power for the boost level, hopefully everything will hold together this time man.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    I can tell you are all eagerly awaiting the results.

It still goes! BUT it still has problems. We are battling high EGT's and just yesterday I returned to the local dyno to do some intercooler testing. Intercooler faired better than expected, only a 3-4psi drop. But fitment of the larger intercooler resulted in a 20hp gain....nearly EVERYWHERE.

Results from original dyno session was 189kW at 10psi or so. Cam timing is next on the agenda to tackle the EGT's but first I will be making changes to the various coolers and getting the big one on there.

Dyno plots.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    forgot the video :)

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Thanks Burkey, Good to hear the good news on your project too!

I got my thing running over the weekend and have driven it! Can confirm it's worth the effort, nothing crazy obviously because a running in / tuning session is due but it did put a smile on my dial :)

Heres a few pics of the fuel system now. Nothing flash but turned out rather neat:

Fuel Tank GONE:

Fuel Filter worked out well, the original filler neck mount reshaped to suit:

And the boot, rather impractical now but still neat:

Today I wired in the EGT's and got the CAN hooked up between the data logger and the ECU, all is working there and I can get EGT's on the dash for tuning purposes. The fuel level sender is working and a few other tidy up jobs. Just waiting for the call on when the dyno is available and hopefully I will make a Speed off the Streets day at Wakefield in a few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• burkey001
    replied
    Oh man, this is looking so good!

My S50 will be rebuilt *SOON* (next engine to be built I believe, Pip just finished a BDA) ... then off to Winton we go

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    The engine bay has been nipped up for he last couple of days waiting for me to finish installing the fuel cell.

Was hoping to start it last night but kept hitting brickwalls, beat most of them down, but early start at work meant I had to call it a night. Getting close though

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Going back together

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Here's hoping man, I thought I went to alot of effort before to prevent this. This time it's all stops. Only thing that should give me grief is the BMW gods who seem to spite me.

That sucks about the profile gasket!

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Looking good man, hopefully this is the last time for your drama. Mines probably going to come apart on Sunday to try and fix the profile gasket oil leak.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Nearly all back together and EGT probes fitted

Leave a comment:

• Iain
    replied
    Originally posted by dirtysix View Post
    I hear there's a wagon floating around that could do with a dose of El Esse Juan.
    Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
    Iain is far too worried about the RTA to toy with that idea
    Too much work in the HK, unfortunately (needs to change crossmember, swap to rack & pinion, headers are a major pain, trans tunnel needs to be replaced, etc, etc)

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Hopefully this is the last time I see it like this

And Head on, bit of little things to organise but hoping to lower it in over the weekend :)

Leave a comment:

• dsm2002
    replied
    El Esse Juan
    Originally posted by Massimo View Post
    I have no idea what this is.
    Say the name out loud and think of something short and fat wearing a bow tie and sits in the front of a V8 Commodore. ;)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X