No announcement yet.

My dad said to just get a new car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US 9005/9006 high beams seem to put out better light than the euro highs. I run Euro smileys with US Highs. Works a mint.
    sigpic

Comment

I think i finished the suspension today. i still have a few odd sounds to sort out, but it drove pretty well today!

I was able to fix the threads on the control arm with a M12x1.50 die and BavAuto sent me 2 replacement lock nuts. As for reusing old lock nuts, used some Locktite stick on it.

This is how it sits now, i'm hoping it gets a little lower as it settles.

Now i am working on the Intensive Wash/ Headlight cleaning system while i wait for replacement parts.
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Plastic bumpers dude, get them! They're a direct swap for you!

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

Originally posted by Asbradley21 View Post
          Plastic bumpers dude, get them! They're a direct swap for you!
          They are not.

Comment

It's not a direct swap for Plastic Bumpers, but I'd definately sink those DB's in a tiny bit at the very least.

Looking good man! I really appreciate you not giving up on your ride, even if it is a Convertable ;)

Those springs will settle the front end a bit more, no worries. I sold my buddy H&R Sports, he complained for two weeks that they weren't nearly low enough. After the first month he said I liked it the way it sat... "for a daily driver..." If you want it to sit a little bit lower, remove the front spring pads and see what that does for you but, I'd let it settle first to see how you feel about it.

There's been some serious crap with UPS recently and head lights. It's like they just really don't give a fuck lately. Best of luck with the insurance and love the updates!
            Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I like it. Maybe save for some euro bumpers?

Comment

Well after always being told not to reuse lock nuts and never listening, i finally got what was coming to me. My girlfriend lives down the worst dirt road ever, and when i was driving over tonight the nut that hold the rear right shock mount on the shock worked it's way loose. Since i drive a cabbie i can't just go in the trunk and get it. Long story short, i drove slower than grandma and had to stop 5 times to make sure that the duct tape and nut (which has a different thread size) didn't work its way off the shock. i also heard a wobbling noise so i checked my rear tires and two of the lug nuts were finger loose. Tomorrow i will be checking and Locktite-ing all of the components i took apart.

As for bumpers, i have been thinking about going euro, but that will be WAY down the road.
                Last edited by McGyver; 01-01-2010, 10:11 PM. Reason: posted on accident
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

i know how you wrecked the threads on the ball joint;-) trying to bang it out with that big metal hammer of yours....
                  1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
                  1987 e30 325 eta
                  1983 e28 533
                  2001 x5 4.4l
                  1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
                  1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

Wow. looks like you made a boo boo. I would have bought new RSMs anyhow. Also, what are you using lock-tite on? Proper torque will do for most things.
                    -tim
                    Originally posted by Jordan
                    I like the stance
                    -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by mitch500 View Post
                      i know how you wrecked the threads on the ball joint;-) trying to bang it out with that big metal hammer of yours....
                      done this as well, use a punch or ice pice if your grizzly, theres a depression at the top of the threads meant for it.
                      Originally posted by Lof8
                      4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
                      therefore, their value is much greater.
                      Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

well when i got a chance to look at it during the day i realized that i forgot a washer between the nut and the bushing. so i took the shock and mount out and out it together with a washer in place.

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                        Wow. looks like you made a boo boo. I would have bought new RSMs anyhow. Also, what are you using lock-tite on? Proper torque will do for most things.
                        I have been putting the medium strength locktite stick (248) on the threads when i had to reuse lock nuts. (tie rods, shock mount, sway bar links...) i am also torquing them down, but i just want to make sure that nothing loosens up on me.

now i am busy rewiring my radio so it works again and i must have 50 screws stuck behind the dash that have fallen and i can't get to...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                          Yea, I agree, I've been with BMW for almost 10 years and never used lock-tite but a couple times, and I re use shit all the time. If it's a critical part, and I am re using the lock nut, just add a couple newton meters of torque.

Comment

Originally posted by Unearth078 View Post
                            done this as well, use a punch or ice pice if your grizzly, theres a depression at the top of the threads meant for it.
                            i saw that depression, but i didn't think about using a punch when a had a heavy hammer right next to me. hopefully i'll be more careful from now on.
                            sigpic

Comment

me neither, at least you only did it once.. not saying i did it more then one... lol
                              Originally posted by Lof8
                              4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
                              therefore, their value is much greater.
                              Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

if its not low enough for you pull the rear spring pads and get my 15mm spring hats when they get here!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X