VNE30 M-fiddy time.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bejbis
    replied
    I added a couple things to the car this week, nothing major, just little bits that ive had around that needed to be installed. I made this spiffy aluminum windshield washer reservoir. I also picked up one of the fancy wide angle side mirrors from a friend of mine, Im still unsure how i feel about it. I also installed a 400w dc/ac power inverter in the glove box. I love being able to charge laptops and various other things when i need to.


    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Originally posted by twothrees
    Have you taken a look at the bearings?
    Nah, dont really want feel a need to do so. All signs point to the bottom end being rebuilt at one point or another.

    Leave a comment:


  • twothrees
    replied
    Have you taken a look at the bearings?

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Originally posted by Gnarles
    did your oil pan not have the windage tray or did you remove it?
    Nope, the oil pan didnt have the windage tray in it. I have no clue why, my previous e34 pans had them. I will just leave the e36 windage tray attached. Here are a couple pictures of my bottom end and associated windage tray parts. On a seperate note, my oil pump nut is already drilled for safety wire, but no safety wire was on it.





    Leave a comment:


  • Gnarles
    replied
    did your oil pan not have the windage tray or did you remove it?

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Here is a little update/tip. Take your oil pan to a machine shop and get it hot tanked. Dont spend 3 hours with purple power and a 10 pack of tooth brushes to clean your oil pan.


    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Originally posted by twothrees
    You da man! Damn those E21 seats looks so good. What happened to your wheels?
    a tribute to the saints winning the super bowl..... WHO DAT?! im kidding. i spray painted one side gold and one side black, wanted to see what color i wanted to paint the RS's, ive decided on neither of those colors. If you know BBS's they will mimic the prima donna's.

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    I want your seats.

    Leave a comment:


  • twothrees
    replied
    You da man! Damn those E21 seats looks so good. What happened to your wheels?

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    So the past couple days have been fairly eventful. This past Thursday i went to the yard and picked up a e34 oil pan, pickup, dipstick, HFM, and 413 ecu. Im super happy about getting these items as they have been nagging at me since I picked up the engine. I still need to go back to the same yard and get the alternator and water pump pully from the car I got these other parts off of.

    This weekend I was able to find a e32 735 brake booster and master cylinder, as well as a remote reservoir. I installed the brake stuff this weekend. Anything I can do ahead of time to speed up the downtime this swap will create will be great. The 735 booster/mc was a great improvement over stock. The pedal is quite firm and has less travel. It feels like a newer car. It was a complete bolt on affair, with exception to the vacuum hose that goes to the booster had to be modified, and the reservoir had to be mounted remotely. I used a e34 v8 reservoir I picked up and used it for temporary use. I will eventually buy a 2002 reservoir to replace it.

    The downside to the e32 master cylinder is that it makes it hard to heel/toe rev match during braking and shifting at the same time. In order to remedy this problem I need to adjust the pedal further towards the firewall. That is easy, but I will also have to modify the bracket that holds the switch for the brake lights.

    And with that, here are a couple new pictures I took today.











    Leave a comment:


  • twothrees
    replied
    Originally posted by bejbis
    Yes doug, I can read too :) You know what id love to be reading? This months newsletter.

    UPDATES TO COME! I need to get my thoughts and pictures together.
    That was pretty funny. Yes, yes I know. Did you do any work on the engine this weekend? Did I tell you my brand new windshield cracked? I swear it was due to the cold weather.

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Originally posted by twothrees
    Dan, Josh said he didn't "mind" the volvo lip, not that he "liked" it.

    Yes doug, I can read too :) You know what id love to be reading? This months newsletter.

    UPDATES TO COME! I need to get my thoughts and pictures together.

    Leave a comment:


  • twothrees
    replied
    Originally posted by jackbenny
    ....and I didn't mind the volvo lip ;)
    Dan, Josh said he didn't "mind" the volvo lip, not that he "liked" it.

    Leave a comment:


  • jackbenny
    replied
    Originally posted by twothrees
    Josh, sorry I missed you. I'm sure I will see you soon. Doug
    Yeah, me too but I understand. The wife and I had to leave early too because I had a telecon at 6 this morning that I just got out of. We will be participating more in the future though.

    And it was great to finally meet Dan as well. In fact everyone there was a nice bunch of enthusiasts.


    ....and I didn't mind the volvo lip ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • twothrees
    replied
    Originally posted by jackbenny
    Awwww, the wife and I are going to make a concerted effort to show up tonight, at least for a little while. Sadly it will be without the E21 though.
    Josh, sorry I missed you. I'm sure I will see you soon. Doug

    Leave a comment:

Working...