VNE30 M-fiddy time.
Collapse
X
-
Okay, okay. Thats the last time I will cap on your Volvo lip.
I may not be at the meeting tonight; possible OR nurse action in Gulfport.Leave a comment:
-
Im not a super big fan of the volvo lip either. But its better than the I lip, and it costs almost 150$ less than a IS lip. So unless you want to buy me a IS lip, keep it quiet. :)
No oil pan yet. I changed my wheel bearing out today. Ive been really slacking on getting that pan. Ill get it soon enough. Been rebuilding a vr6 motor for my Corrado and helping my friend rebuild his vr6 for his Jetta.Leave a comment:
-
-
Man.. That's really coming together.
However, could you loose the Volvo lip? It makes me sad :( .. Not that it really matters.Leave a comment:
-
a quick pic of how they turned out, and yes, I know there is a tree in the way.
Leave a comment:
-
So today with a lack of funds and a few parts lying around the house. I modified my headlights. Been kicking around the idea of tinting the lights and installing some valeo projectors Ive had for a couple years. The high beam x hairs were fairly easy to cut out of some aluminum using a band saw. And the retrofitting of the new projectors were a lot easier than I originally expected. The light output from them is a bit better, I need to order some HID's for them sometime soon. I do however wish the low beam glass was clear and flat where the projector is, as the beam pattern without the glass has a great cutoff. Here are a couple pictures. Ill get more tomorrow with them on the car and the beam patter i get out of them.

Leave a comment:
-
Well, little update. I went to the pullapart the other day and picked up a m50 intake manifold, throttle body, idle control valve and e34 throttle cable. Ive got it all bolted to the motor, its really starting to come together. I found an e34 oil pan im hoping to get next week along with a mass air meter, and ecu. We will see how it goes. I still need to source out a brake booster. theres a e21 booster i can get, however i dont really think i want to go with it. Theres also a e32 740 booster ive found at the yard i think might work. Ive heard the e32 735i booster works. But every 735 ive come across has a hydraulic booster.
Leave a comment:
-
No problem at all ck, I havent really outlined what my plans are with my transmission and such because I honestly havent decided yet. As of current, I plan on using my stock getrag 260 tranny and driveshafts I already have. Of course, this all may change should I find a proper setup for the right price as I get closer to swapping. As far as my diff, I have a 3.25 LSD in the car ive had for quite a while now. I really love the ratio with the m20, Im sure it will work well with the 24v.
I dont really feel as if im that far along with this swap. Im kind of behind the 8 ball with the motor i picked up was both a blessing and a curse. With it being a ex race motor I have doubts about how well it was treated. But at the same time, it looks incredibly clean and well taken care of, so who knows. I was lucky its a 2.8l bottom end and the s50 cams, and already converted to obd1, however missing quite a few parts I still need to find.
If I have one suggestion from what Ive done so far, it would be start collecting swap parts asap. im super excited to get this thing in the car, but dont have everything I need yet. Also, keep it simple and dont try to take on too much at one time.Leave a comment:
-
^ Very nice.
Discussed it with the wife and she's letting me play with $2,000 for a m5x swap into the project in the garage. Any suggestions as you've covered quite a bit of ground? I'm super excited but a little hesitant to just dive right in. What tranny/DS combo did you decide on? Also, what ratio diff?
Not to thread jack! Sorry if it comes across that way.
All I have to do now is convince my wife to let me paint it Imola Red...
;)Leave a comment:
-
So, i went over my wire harness adapter again today, i found a problem in it. 11-11, I changed it to 11-19. This is my final draft of my harness as of current. This is not tested, nor do I take any responsibility for you using this and having your car burn to the ground or blow up.
Leave a comment:
-
Drove to Birmingham, al today. Met up with a fellow r3v'er with a certain supercharged s52e30. Probally one of he the lowest, cleanest cars I've ever seen. Here is a pic from the journey. I often take road trips. Hope the m50 will treat me as well as the m20.
P.S. I LOVE the bbs's. They are staying in the family.
Leave a comment:
-
Welp, played with the harness stuff a bit more. Wired as stated above. 15-15, 16-x, 6-x. I pulled my c101 adapter off of a e32 735, I pulled the c101 adapter off of the 7 is because it had all the pins, whereas all the e30 connectors didnt have all the pins in them. The x20 off of a 93ish e34.I sitll need to run out and get some loom or something to wrap it in. It will be a while until the motor goes in, so if anyone has any opinions on my adapter, just let me know.
Leave a comment:
-
So, Ive spent damn near all night looking at wire schematics and posts and everything for the adapter for my swap. I have a c101 and x20 connector for making the adapter, a bit of extra wire and my crimpers. Im going to post up my diagram for the adapter, if anyone has any input on it, please let me know. Car is a 89 325i and the harness is a 94/95 e36 harness. Question marks indicate what im fairly unsure about.
e30 ---- e36
1 ---- 25 ---- Alternator
2 ---- X------ Oil level (static)
3 ---- X -----
4 ---- 12 ---- Coolant temp
5 ---- 23 ---- Oil pressure
6 -?- 22 ---- Diagnostic plug
7 ---- 21 ---- Ignition
8 ---- 24 ---- Fuel econ.
9 ---- 20 ---- Tach
10 --- X ---- Oil level (dynamic)
11 --- 11 --- SI Reset
12 ---- 8 ---- CEL
13 --- 13 --- Fuel pump
14 --- 14 --- Speed Signal
15 -?- 15 --- Starter unloader
16 -?- 19 --- Diagnostic plug
17 -----X
18 ---- 18 --- Voltage during start
19 ----- X
20 ----- X ----Wire to ABSLeave a comment:

Leave a comment: