VNE30 M-fiddy time.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bejbis
    replied
    Got some flat caps for the BBS's, and ordered a chip. Yes i know the RS's are spray painted, I wanted to see what color I liked better before I stripped them down and painted the centers. Ill get to refurbing them when i get some money together for new lips.


    Leave a comment:


  • jackbenny
    replied
    Originally posted by bejbis
    I will be there Thursday with the car, I see no reason I wont make it. I do want to see your update to your build thread, you sound like you are almost there with the car, and im sure your car will put me to shame as far as everything goes. Ill be honest, half my motivation for getting this thing going was to have a little bit of of the lime light before you steal it all away.
    You flatter me. I've got two months to get it done. The wife has convinced me to begin wet sanding the car next weekend and wants to help. I will not refuse assistance :). I have almost all the interior ordered or here and I have most of the engine parts. It's just a matter of getting it done.

    I am seriously contemplating using your mad weldin' skillz for the exhaust though. I'll discuss it with you on Thursday.

    FWIW, I do listen to your youtube for motivation. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    finished the intake pipe, should work well.





    Last edited by bejbis; 04-11-2010, 09:58 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Originally posted by jackbenny
    Awesome. Are you going to bring it to McAllister's this month? I'd love to hear it. I plan on bringing the E21.

    I'm getting closer....;)

    I will be there Thursday with the car, I see no reason I wont make it. I do want to see your update to your build thread, you sound like you are almost there with the car, and im sure your car will put me to shame as far as everything goes. Ill be honest, half my motivation for getting this thing going was to have a little bit of of the lime light before you steal it all away.

    This is what i worked on tonight. I couldn't find any intake boots that weren't torn at the yards, so i decided to make my own. I still have to add a bit more to it, but it should work nicely.

    Leave a comment:


  • jackbenny
    replied
    Originally posted by bejbis
    Drove it around the block, in all its open header glory. didnt get on it too hard, just basically idled around the circle. it ran, and looks like a complete car again. Im happy. time to go clean the garage.

    -Dan
    Awesome. Are you going to bring it to McAllister's this month? I'd love to hear it. I plan on bringing the E21.

    I'm getting closer....;)

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Drove it around the block, in all its open header glory. didnt get on it too hard, just basically idled around the circle. it ran, and looks like a complete car again. Im happy. time to go clean the garage.

    -Dan

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Today was a great day, I got my oil cooler buttoned up using most of the e30 lines and cooler, I had some fittings lying around and some hose that worked out nicely, so i didn't have to spend any money getting that all fitted up. Having access and the ability to TIG weld opens so many possibilities. On that note i also modified the m52 headers so i could take the car to an exhaust shop tomorrow and get the old header back temporarly put on. That was super easy as all i had to do was cut the front header and rotate the flange about 30 degrees.

    And since everyone loves pictures, here are a few.







    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Originally posted by moving3e
    nice work keep it up!
    Thanks, ive been out there for a bit today putting on the stuff that makes the motor look cleaner.

    Leave a comment:


  • moving3e
    replied
    nice work keep it up!

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Here is a quick shot of the transmission mount i modified for use with the 260 tranny, and e21 mounts.

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Well, as of 6:30pm, exactly 47 hours after i drove a running m20 car into my garage, I have a running m50 sitting before me. This is great. I still need to work out what i will do with the exhaust, but as of right now, im just super happy. The few pictures that i took will be uploaded and posted here in a bit, probally after i button up the wiring and everything.

    Here is a video of the 2nd start up. She started up first try though after about 4 seconds of cranking.

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Today was a rather slow day on the swap, so the pace slowed down a little. I had a few family things i had to attend. Progress today really didn't make a big difference like putting a new motor in the car did.

    I pluged up most of the wires for the harness, and got them sort of routed where they need to go. The engine will crank with the key, and my harness adapter will do something correct enough to turn on the fuel pump. The rest of my time was spent fabbing up a transmission mount and modifying the shift linkage.

    Here are better pictures of the cell phone pictures i posted last night. It still looks the same, just wires running everywhere.



    Leave a comment:


  • bryant.cw
    replied
    nice work!

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    And well, as of 2:20am, this thing is officially planted in the car. Its time to stop and figure out what will happen tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • bejbis
    replied
    Started pulling the m20 at 7:30pm, had it out of the car by 9:00pm. Im now getting in over my head.

    Leave a comment:

Working...