The Blue Lagoon - LS1 Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Blue Lagoon - LS1 Content

Here is the car soon after i bought it. Its a '91 318is.

The first thing that i did was some weight loss. I gutted the interior, and scraped all of the tar out of the body and trunk. Removed all the stereo, speakers, and CD changer. I swapped out the power windows for a set of manual windows.

Next thing that i did was suspension and wheels. I have the GC kit with camber plates. 440F 700R.

Wheels are the 17x8 et25 Apex ARC-8's in satin black. With vorshlag wheel studs.

Tires are 235/40/17 dunlop direzza star specs. I had to roll the fenders, and trim out some of the front wheel well liners. There is no rub now.

Then i bought this. LS1 and T56 from an '04 GTO with 68k mi. I got it from Cleveland Pick a Part. $4k shipped. All accessories included and has a 6 month warranty. We have been using Garret and Steve's LS1 build guide. I recomend any one doing this swap, spend the $100 and get yourself a copy.

All of the work is being performed by my friend Nick Ray at MCS Motorsports in Las Cruces, NM.

Pulled the M42 and started making room for the V8 and 6 speed.

Time to build some mounts. We set the motor back as close to the firewall as possible. There is less than 1" of clearance.

Bought a rebuilt Maval Z3 2.7 LTL steering rack

Modified the oilpan to clear the steering rack, and added a kickout for some increased capacity.

Motor is resting on the subframe in this pic. It sits level on the mounts.

LS7 clutch and flywheel

Pro 5.0 shifter for T56

Here is the tranny mount

WOOT!

Mounted

Nick just finished building some custom headers. They had to be shorties for clearance issues. Headers are 1 5/8" primaries into a 3" collector.

velocity cone

....more progress to come
    Last edited by Blip Bavarian; 02-04-2010, 10:31 AM.
    My LS1 swap thread:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=160030

nice work. this is going to be fun.
    -Dan

Comment

Wow, nice progress an quick it looks like to...I admire anyone doin swaps that are out of the norm....

Same brake system as garret?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Awesome! Glad to see you're running a real suspension on your LS1 swap. :) Looking forward to more progress. Interesting color on the respray, I kinda like it and it looks like it was done properly other than then engine bay.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
        MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
        | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Honestly, I doubt anyone is going to take issue with the swap.

I can't believe someone resprayed it blue, from Sterling Silver. Sterling looks good!

Great progress so far!

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Very cool, Thing is gonna be a handful on the track!

Comment

That will be one fun car when it's complete. I can't wait until I can make my v8 thread

Powered By Ford

Comment

Sick! I followed Garrett's swap thread closely, and will do the same with this one. This will be a very badass car! :pimp:

I already see where this is going, and I like every bit of it! :twisted:
                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                  Wow, nice progress an quick it looks like to...I admire anyone doin swaps that are out of the norm....

Same brake system as garret?
                  We are gonna go with a different brake setup. Im still looking into different options for the brake setup. Im still researching and trying to decide. I may go boosterless. There are some pretty good options in this thread

Any suggestions on different options are appreciated.

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                  I can't believe someone resprayed it blue, from Sterling Silver. Sterling looks good!
                  Great progress so far!
                  Originally posted by VacMan View Post
                  Awesome! Glad to see you're running a real suspension on your LS1 swap. Looking forward to more progress. Interesting color on the respray, I kinda like it and it looks like it was done properly other than then engine bay.
                  Its actually a pretty crappy respray. Cell phone pics make it look decent though. It was done by the PO. The color is unique and has grown on me, but I wish they would have left it Sterling.
                  Last edited by Blip Bavarian; 01-25-2010, 11:12 AM.
                  My LS1 swap thread:
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=160030

Comment

nice build! I'm wondering how easy it will be to control? You know... putting a v8 into a go-kart?
                    "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Comment

Do you V8 guys have to modify the trans tunnel at all? I had to replace mine to fit the GTR trans in my car (buying an RB25 transmission might have helped me out)...

1987 325is: 495whp/400ft-lb
                      UPDATED 03/12/10!: RB26DETT Swapped E30

Comment

awesome build

7speedshop.com

Comment

Pretty awesome. i can't wait to see the numbers.
                          Yours truly,
                          Rich
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Rigmaster
                          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I so want to do this at some point...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Blip Bavarian View Post
                              We are gonna go with a different brake setup. Im still looking into different options for the brake setup. Im still researching and trying to decide. I may go boosterless. There are some pretty good options in this thread

Any suggestions on different options are appreciated.
                              I used a honda booster (much smaller OD) and relocated the whole assembly away from the motor an inch or two in my car... you can see how far over it is in the second pic...

it's kinda hard to see but click this link for a writeup...

1987 325is: 495whp/400ft-lb
                              UPDATED 03/12/10!: RB26DETT Swapped E30

Comment

Working...
                              X