X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glorious..
    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

A rather cool oppertunaty came up to purchase a brand new e30 m3 260kph speedo. I almost passed this up but a couple of things made sense. My speedo's odometer had just crapped out and stopped reading K's and new units dont come a long for this price very often.
      Big thanks to Dylan for this as dylan was replacing a needle in his car and didnt need the whole unit. (long story)

Anyways, photos.

Unboxing

Inside the box

Pulling apart the cluster and removing the old Odometer

Installed the new e30 m3 260kph odometer :)

Seriously .. I hate reinstalling this dam bitch nut!

and all installed ready to click over to 000000 :) Everything works perfectly, including my rev gauge was giving issues as it was down 500rpm, this was because of the needle was out on the spindle.

Comment

Some nice shots while I was out this winter.

Comment

Epic :woowoo:
          https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
          https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

First of all let me just say what an inspiration your build is! Perfectly done!

Originally posted by HybridNz View Post
            Time to step this sh*t up a bit.

Cold Airbox time.

Big thanks for Ollie's cad skills in sorting this out from his airbox design and to my dad for cutting the mock ups and no thanks to stationary warehouse for charging me $20 per sheet of 1.5mm thick cardboard.
            Dad runs a cutting business which specailises in cutting materials / foam / plastics / composites etc. Company is called cutlines.

Anyways here we go..

Top down view

3d

Mind sharing the CAD files? What did you do them in, SolidWorks, Inventor, AutoCAD or something else?
            My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

Comment

A bit of a bump... Were you ever able to extract engine data from the MSS50? I read on another forum your on that the pre-2000 euro cars were not OBD II, so we cannot use the easy CAN port to pull info for data logers or lap timers, etc.
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by loupoz View Post
                first of all let me just say what an inspiration your build is! Perfectly done!

Mind sharing the cad files? What did you do them in, solidworks, inventor, autocad or something else?
                +1
                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
                X