No announcement yet.

Meet the bastard child.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely phenomenal - world class work. In for engine plans/pics. ITBs...
    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Bump.

I wanna see some pics of the cluster in the car if you've got them Tony.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

I just finished reading the whole thread... Amazing work!
        1988 325is imolarotII/ plastic bumper swap/ e36 m3-z3 2.8 5 lug swap/ e36 m3 bilsteins/ e36 m3 h&r race spring up front/ GC rear coilover / 21mm vert sway bar/ m3 offset bushing/ OEM bushings/ S3.73 rear end/ full black interior/ e46 sport seats/ BBS style 5

Instagram - AnthonyVzz

Comment

Got me another donor for this thing.

Pig hunter spec complete with shotty and 303 shells and no back seat.

It's a V8 mate.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh noes.

Comment

'91 325i

Comment

Hory sheet.
                Sub'd
                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Managed to get out and make a start on this. First thing to do is reconfigure the car from an auto to a manual. Did this while it was still sitting in the car, which was easy enough, at least it seems that way, I've no idea what they actually do ha.

Upshot is that the DME no longer looks for the trans comp and wont send any error messages to the cluster. There is apparently also a software update to give us the correct file for the manual (apparently a slightly different tune/idle control) but we couldn't load it as the DME relates to a 840i not the 540i and they didn't have the correct software and so the DME wouldn't accept it. As I understand it anyway . So to start with we'll be wiring it to neutral. Will make very little difference to the way it runs anyway.

Geeks at work.

Turns out this early girl from 2/96 is an oddball assortment of leftovers from previous models. Still has EWS 2, as mentioned a DME from an E31, analogue signals from the tach and coolant sensor and a distinct lack of CANBUS, of which only the DME and the EGS (trans comp) are connected on.
                  With the later E46 systems the E30 is running on, this means I'm looking at having to incorporate the older style EWS and most likely the older KOMBI cluster too as the current one is entirely digital/run from BUS.
                  A later donor car probably would have, more or less, plugged straight in but oh well...
                  sigpic

Comment

After all the E46 swap work you're going to drop in an M62?!?!?! Please proceed, you do quality work.

I suppose you'd be able to recoup a lot of your investment in selling the old engine and parting the E39. Not to mention you already have so much time and money tied up in the E30 chassis to start over with a different car. God, how I envy you.

Comment

Yours for $12.7K USD http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=738525654

Comment

Comment

Ha! Gotta test the waters. Probably wont sell at that price anyway.

Besides, you outta see some other ideas I been cooking up.
                          sigpic

Comment

What sort of number do you think it would sell at

Comment

No idea mate. Kinda just picked a number I'd let it go at.
                              sigpic

Comment

P

Comment

Working...
                                X