Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A trip down memory lane...89' 325is + S52 inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another cool little tidbit...not exactly project related, BUT....it is relevant to my e30.

My dad happened to find the original brochure for this thing! It's pretty awesome and in great shape. Just another bit of e30 history to hang on to...here are a few shots I took while looking it over.

Enjoy!

Comment

awesome job man, its coming together very nicely. just needs a bit more low. :up:

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

Thanks...I have these super tall tires which I think look a little goofy, and it looks more awkward the lower I go, haha. Also the S52 oil pan hangs LOW...but I will man up and spin it down once I get new wheels/proper tires.

Comment

Great build. Can't believe I missed it all this time.

Thanks for sharing!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Hey all,

Got on with another mini-project I've been meaning to start...paint refurb! Most of the top surfaces are pretty oxidized; until today. I got a nice Griot's random orbital buffer from my parents for Xmas, but haven't had a good place to use it until I recently moved into a house with a garage. Since the major mechanical work is all done, my wife and I decided to give the car a good cleaning in and out, and then followed by some paint care.

To put it shortly, I'm amazed at how it came out! The buffer was awesome coupled with some Meguiar's Fine Cut Cleaner and Gold Class wax. I'm more than impressed with my car's original 22 year old paint. I may go back with some more heavy duty polish to try and get out some of the larger scratches...but with white it easy to hide them so we will see.

Here are some before and after pics of the hood:

Before

Before again

After!

The buffer! 6"

Look at the reflection...there was no reflection before! At least not one where you could discern my hand in.

Well worth the effort!

My wife did an awesome job helping me clean the inside...my carpets used to be filthy!

All in a weekend's work! Stay tuned for more updates.

Comment

Quick update...finally got some time to do a little bit of painting of that (IMO) nasty chrome trim....hello shadowline! Didn't take many pics, but I have two...in progress and final product. I did them on the car...I probably should've taken them off, and I won't be very surprised if they flake a little...I had a hard time getting an adequate scuff on the trim without hitting my paint. We will see...for now, I think it looks awesome for the time spent. Pics:

All masked up and first layer down

Finished!

Cheers,
              -G

Comment

Wow, looking good!

Comment

sub'd. Your car will be my inspiration.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                  ---------------------------------
                  89 E30 S52
                  ---------------------------------
                  Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Great work here. That interior is sooo clean, especially since its beige!
                    E30 buildy things
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Just read this whole thing, wonderful work. Looks like you have some wonderful fab skills.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

that brochure looks awesome! lol

awesome build! keep her goin!
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Egg salad.
                          -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I was surprised to see this get bumped back up! I'm saving for some wheels and tires currently, hopefully I can get something squared away soon. I've got a small project to tackle this weekend on the car...if I do, I'll post some shots!

Comment

Oh, and two shots from a recent meet!

DSC_0285JUL30SBUX_1 by gkurey, on Flickr

DSC_0295JUL30SBUX by gkurey, on Flickr

Comment

Did a little work this weekend. I've had a replacement lens for the driver's fog for a while now but haven't ever gone to replace it. Since I had a long weekend this weekend, I decided to tackle it.

I followed a DIY on here...basically smashed the broken glass off, cleaned off the old sealing material and put on some silicone and slapped the lens on there....let it dry over night and all done! Car looks nicer for sure...here are a few pics!

Before:

Make with the fixy...

And one glamor shot!

Thanks for looking!

Comment

Working...
                                X