Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    heh customs can be a PITA like that. I probably need to order the few little things I need very soon!

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Don't really have too much of a update as such because I'm still waiting on parts. It appears I have about 1.5k of stuff from Pelican parts stuck in customs because they haven't arrived yet. Regardless within the next 2 weeks I will have everything ordered that is needed for the rebuild and hopefully it will all be here and I'll be able to get the engine back in by the end of my christmas holidays in early January.

Either way I did a little bit of painting yesterday. All the parts that I cleaned up earlier had the paint completely stripped from them so they all needed re-doing.

Leave a comment:

• e30guydownunder
    replied
    Fresh DiamondSchwartz FTW! that and the clean engine parts :)

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Alright so here's a bit of a update on whats happened over the weekend.

Base coat on

Clear coat on

Extremely happy about how the bay turned out, Fresh diamantzschwartz looks Fantastic!

Also took all the engine components and put them all in a turbo washer. Only got one photo of them for now, But heres how the head turned out after being in there for 30 mins :)

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Did a little bit more cleaning up and painting this arvo. On saturday the car will be getting a nice wash and clean and then all masked up and ready for the bay to get painted. Probly also going to be getting the block completely cleaned along with a few other bits and peices.

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied
    good work :up:

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    The rust in my E30 isn't bad at all. Boot Lid just needs replacing which I have :P And there is some slowly coming out on the roof which will be fixed soon :).

Anyway I had a spare 5 minutes this arvo so I cleaned up a few parts that had been sitting in the kero bath for a few days and also sprayed up a couple of parts to make it that little bit neater :).

Leave a comment:

• clutch-monkey
    replied
    phone doesn't accept mms anyway alex haha
    paid for my rims earlier today.

Leave a comment:

• Alexander.
    replied
    the rust in your e30! its fucked :P clutch monkey you need to send me your number to see my thread

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexander. View Post
    did you forget to mention the rust?? i swear my phone has a better build thread of both of our cars XD theres to much hate for mine on here
    What chu on about willus. There isn't any rust in the E21 lol. Only my E30 :( All will be getting fixed next year when it gets a respray.

Leave a comment:

• clutch-monkey
    replied
    tell your bro to get some CCW or fikse! :D

Leave a comment:

• Alexander.
    replied
    did you forget to mention the rust?? i swear my phone has a better build thread of both of our cars XD theres to much hate for mine on here

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    Wow, nice e21!
    I forgot to mention that is very soon to be powered by a s38.

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Wow, nice e21!

Leave a comment:

• Reap3r
    replied
    Alright so here's a little bit of an update on whats been happening over the last week or so.

Earlier in the week I received a box full of goodies from pelican parts. All new gaskets, water pump, filters ect.. Also received some new tie rod ends.

I then got to work on cleaning up the bay a little bit more, first I removed the master cylinder and painted the brake booster.

Also organised to get the engine bay painted next sunday so I got it all wet sanded back today and ready for the top coat.

After that my brother came around and we decided to introduce my m42 to a bench. Beleive it or not, when we pulled it apart there was litterally a cockroach inside the water pump. And it was alive!

We also test fitted my wheels on his E21 because he's looking at getting some new wheels

Tomorrow comes the job of cleaning everything up. I also ordered all new timing gear today bar cam gears & the crankshaft gear because pelican parts and vac motorsport don't have either of them. If anybody knows where I can buy the gears it'd be great :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X