Originally posted by machined View Post
      Fav thread so far this year? Yeah.
      Haha thanks man.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

May 9th 2010

I finished up the soldering, heat shrinking, and electrical taping all the spliced wiring from the swap this afternoon. My soldering skill increased ten fold from my first attempts. haha

Also removed the unattractive S50 center wire holder thingy and replaced it with the one from the 318. It would be nice to find the M3 cover that goes by the battery box, but thats not too high on my list of things to get done.

I also finally got around to installing the HID's for my high beams. I know HID's for highs is not the best of ideas, but I usually dont flash them as I think that is an ***hole move, and I want an incredible amount of light to be emitted from the front of my E30. Still trying to locate a write up on how to get your lows to stay one when you click on the high beams.

I also took the liberty of cleaning the crap out of them. I also added Euro grills to my list of necessary items to purchase.

I will get some shots tonight of the highs and the lows after it gets dark.

Progress is gonna be slow during the week. I am going to focus on cleaning the engine bay as best as I can, cause my hood is going to be open the entire time that I am at Bimmerfest.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
          April 29th 2010

Next newest problem

The car will start decently when it has been sitting for a very long time. by decently, I mean after 5 to 6 cranks.

The car will start well after it has been sitting for a short time (30 minutes or less). By well I mean after 2 to 3 cranks.

The car will start horribly after its been driven, but then sat for a couple of hours. By horribly I mean that it wont start the first time I turn the key to start it. It just cranks. Now if I turn the key off, and retry, it will begin to fire, but the engine stumbles to life badly. After it starts it runs fine and there are no other problems with it.

What digs?? I am going to go recheck my wires (even though they are soldered together, heat shrunk, and then electrical taped) today. Hopefully there is an easy explanation.

This isnt a grounding issue is it? I will make sure I recheck all of those.
          Is the ECU in your car for the m50 or s52?
          try starting the car with the throttle 10% depressed and see how it starts. If it starts fine, then you most likely have an ECU problem.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
          You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

if you dont mind what price range was the s52 in?

Comment

How exactly does the e36 5 lug work? I was under the impression it couldn't be done due to the caster or something.
              Originally posted by LJ851
              I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

awesome build! I need to keep an eye on this.
                I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                2875-C Towerview Road
                Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by Be30mer View Post
                  Is the ECU in your car for the m50 or s52?
                  try starting the car with the throttle 10% depressed and see how it starts. If it starts fine, then you most likely have an ECU problem.

The ECU is a red label 413.

I have tried starting it with my foot on the gas, but it only helps after the key has been turned off and then back on.
                  Last edited by MR E30 325is; 05-09-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by REVHARD05 View Post
                    if you dont mind what price range was the s52 in?
                    I paid 2500 for the S52. Entire swap, including snacks and drinks came out to around 3200.

It was only so cheap because the car was already 24v, and I had partial access to two dead E36's.

Comment

Man i am so jealous. Cant wait to do this swap. Nice job cleaning it up!

Comment

Good thread! maybe i missed it but what kinda wheels you got on there

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarz325 View Post
                          Good thread! maybe i missed it but what kinda wheels you got on there

Style 5 e39 wheels. Beautiful on an e30.
                          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                            Style 5 e38 wheels. Beautiful on an e30.
                            fixed
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                              The ECU is a red label 413.

I have tried starting it with my foot on the gas, but it only helps after the key has been turned off and then back on.
                              what happens is the cylinders fill with gas the first time you try to start it, and so the second time you start it, there is enough gas by the first crank for it to start right up. It seems like your not getting enough spark when the engine is at low rpms. I would check out your alt, spark plug wires, etc

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
                              You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Be30mer View Post
                                what happens is the cylinders fill with gas the first time you try to start it, and so the second time you start it, there is enough gas by the first crank for it to start right up. It seems like your not getting enough spark when the engine is at low rpms. I would check out your alt, spark plug wires, etc
                                Would it be affected at all that I am running the S52 coils? they are 1.8k and the S50 coils are only 1k.

I dont know if your answer makes sense. cause the car will start fine after its been sitting overnight. Which is what is boggling my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X