Clear All

So close to done! Woohoo!
    Greg

Comment

Originally posted by learningcurve86 View Post
      So close to done! Woohoo!
      you've said this every week for the past month
      Originally posted by FredK
      However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
      Feedback

Comment

might have looked past it but what is your rear suspension setup?

looks like GC coilover and bilstein sport

2003.5 Imolarot M3: daily
        1995 Alpinweiß M3: hpde

Comment

that is correct.

and ST rear sways all on e36 ti trailing arms
          However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
          Feedback

Comment

So all that UUC stuff that I ordered for the shifter, the Effort Reducing Kit, which positions the pivot higher in hopes of gaining clearance from the driveshaft......does not fit around the shifter body. So i'm pretty much stuck

My year in Germany
            Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by psyber_0ptix View Post
              that is correct.

and ST rear sways all on e36 ti trailing arms
              how'd you get just the rear kit?

i envy your whole setup right now. it seems like i've been saving up forever for 5 lug stuff lol

2003.5 Imolarot M3: daily
              1995 Alpinweiß M3: hpde

Comment

i got the whole GC coilover kit and nrubenstein was in need of the fronts. Because I was using TC Kline coilovers, I split the kit and sent him what he needed, and he sent me some 60mm springs to use.

You can buy rear pirches from Ireland Engineering iirc and race springs to your specs. But I think the quality of ground control was more important to me.

My year in Germany
                Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by psyber_0ptix View Post
                  So all that UUC stuff that I ordered for the shifter, the Effort Reducing Kit, which positions the pivot higher in hopes of gaining clearance from the driveshaft......does not fit around the shifter body. So i'm pretty much stuck

Can you explain this more in depth?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                    Can you explain this more in depth?
                    oops didn't realize there was a follow up. The stock type shifter is too wide for these bushings to fit, they have to have a notch dremeled into them to allow the bushings to flext just enough to fit. The EVO 3 kit disassembles where you can adjust the height, so i imagine this is how fitment is achieved. I have to get some stuff welded first but will likely have the stock carrier cup welded to a piece of aluminum to create a DTM style mount.

More pics to come when it's all ready to be installed including step-by-step of the UUC ERK kit.

for now:

all done

My year in Germany
                    Feedback

Comment

i like

Comment

very very cool.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

can i have this please?
                          sigpic

Comment

have an offer? lol

My year in Germany
                            Feedback

Comment

So the carrier i was using for the shifter was just too short and fell out of the rear mount. Mount went missing. So....driving with the selector rods bouncing on the driveshaft was no fun. This is my budget 'dtm-style' shifter which you can make fun of all day, but it lets me shift without saying hello to my driveshaft.

I disassembled everything and punched out some of the perforated sheet metal. Drilled one hole where the interior mounting stub used to be.

I cut a piece of aluminum to roughly fit and chopped up a spare carrier i had laying around. Tom@WickedInnovation was able to weld it to the plate after a hole saw was used allowing the shifter to pass through.

The shifter I was trying to run initially; MZ3 that used to hit the driveshaft in normal configuration. Shown also is the UUC Effort Reduction Kit (ERK) which also positions the pivot a little higher.

The white and black bushings needed to be slotted to fit the shifter. Here is the white bushing installed

The UUC ERK shifter cup

UUC supplied some loctite (they are also very thorough and friendly folks)

aaand.....

The black bushing installed on the shifter (it wont fit over the body of the shifter hence a slit to be cut for install just above the pivot). The spring and retainer fits perfectly without mod.

I failed to photograph, but there is a large circlip that holds the assembly and spring compressed. Here is what it looks like completely finished.

installed

The throw is very nice and precise. I think because the ERK had actually positioned the shifter a little too high, it increased effort, but still feels really good. May or may not remove the ERK or just have an extension built for the bottom of the shifter if it clears the driveshaft. That being said, if you have the money and no access to someone who welds... just go out and spend the big bucks for a real shifter kit. I wish I could have purchased the UUC EVO3, but this was much cheaper for me. I need all my spending money as i'll be in germany for a year and i know you all want euro parts.

My year in Germany
                              Feedback

Comment

Wow, losing the shifter must have been alarming and noisy as hell!

Originally posted by whysimon
                                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
                                X