Absorbantnut's '87 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ieatmango View Post
    dude i feel so bad for you i think we need to call up chip foose from overhaulin and have you overhauled. it's not like you have 1 or even a hundred issues to fix you have issues everywhere in every conceivable way
    Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
    I honestly don't see it being too bad. Mechanically it looks really sound, all it needs is some elbow grease to make it look it's part. It's a nice project that's for sure.

Thanks mango dude, but like track junkie said, Ive bascially got all the mechanical stuff working soundly, no hickups. Then I plan on doing the suspension soon with some coils, so Ill have a great ride:D

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      Dude, you are putting in work.
      Originally posted by Danny View Post
      +1 one, great progress!

Thanks guys, it means a lot:D

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
      wow, that thing is beat. Good luck and glad to see you are saving her.
      Thanks bro, hopefully she comes out alright.

And finally, my CV boots should either arrive today or tomorrow!

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Well, I snagged a pic of inside the valve cover

Comment

keep working, good stuff buddy

Comment

Pulled the front grill trim and painted it black, then I wondered what to do with the kidneys. The chrome was coming off, so I just painted it as well. Then I sprayed the headlight circle things black, because they were faded and stuck out like a sore eye. Then I sprayed the wiper grills and arms black. Then I took off the IS spoiler, wiped out the years of grime underneath, and sprayed that black as well. All using plasti-dip. That stuff looks great on trim.

Still waiting to adjust the valves. I soaked the valve cover in degreaser and cleaned it up real Good. I think Im gonna sand it down and paint it a bright green. But I gotta stop beating around the bush and do the valves already:p

Thats all for now!

Comment

that looks like the uber rare all copper internal'ed m20

Comment

that looks like the uber rare all copper internal'ed m20
                I wish

So I took some pics of the trim, and Ill post them up later.

Comment

Well, like I said, here are the pics of the trim!

And then one of the valve cover during adjustment, just degreased it for now to get the years of oil off.

Comment

finally got around to adjusting the valves. Not as bad as I imagined it would be. I used a jump starter switch hooked up to the starter and turned the motor till both rockers were down and the valves were closed, then I adjusted with the feeler gauge. That sure beats the wrench on the crankshaft method I was going to try.

Also, I found out that the old spark plugs off the e30 vert were bosch super w8clr:D So because those are basically non-existent now, I cleaned them up, gapped them, wire wheeled them, and they look brand new! Just finished putting those in and now Im waiting for the valve cover to come back from the polisher so I can switch it with the vert's valve cover and paint it a green color.

Comment

Dude, I am really impressed with your dedication and perseverance. Top stuff!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                        Dude, I am really impressed with your dedication and perseverance. Top stuff!
                        Thanks man! CV joints should arrive today:o

Comment

Guess what finally came in today...

MY CV BOOTS!!!
                          After 2 weeks of waiting, they are finally here. I did a quick comparison with the old boots and they are spot on. and these cost me 6.25 versus the $50+ ones, and they came with grease, and the circlip and clamps. So I can finally put these on tomorrow and get it moving again! And I get to hear the sound of freshly adjusted valves, or should I say not hear;)

Comment

what was the production numbers on those all copper internal'ed m20's??? i think aluminum would be better for daily driving myself

Comment

what was the production numbers on those all copper internal'ed m20's??? i think aluminum would be better for daily driving myself
                              I think it might actually be tarnished gold. Ill polish it later and see how it turns out;)

Comment

Good word. Did you sand the kidneys before you painted them? Car is looking better and better. Can't wait to see the green Valve Cover.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                                VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Working...
                                X