Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massimo 318is Project Diary

Hi Everyone

So I am now starting to spend some money on my car that dose not envolve repairing LOL, and I thought I would start to keep a diary of my modifications and upgrades.

My first goal is handling this will involve Strut braces, Cross Braces, Sway Bars, Camber kits, Nolathane Bushes, 4:10 Z3 Torsion Diff, new wheels and tyres and debating between Adjustable Coilovers or IE Stage 3 and Billies

So far I have got an Ebay Chip, Removed the heater plate hoses, and have DBA cross drilled rotors on the front.

I have just purchased some Hartage 3pce 16x7 with black centres and 3 tyres for $800AUD. Here are some pictures for you all to get excited about. They are in ok condition, I will probably pull them apart and have them reconditioned in the future but they will do for now.

And here are some pictures of my car from a few months ago. Nothing special all stock.

That is about it for now. This will not be a regularly updated thread as this is along term project but feel to post as I will still be reading and replying.

Cheers Massimo
    Last edited by Massimo; 07-09-2013, 12:30 AM.
    sigpic

Looks like a clean starting point, I like your choice on the wheels as well.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Hartges: do want!

Looking forward to another Aussie build.
      Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

ebay chip? Did you feel a difference? or is it one of those 45hp and 85mpg type gimicks? Lovely wheels though and can't wait to see them on and the car lowered. Keep at it.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
          ebay chip? Did you feel a difference? or is it one of those 45hp and 85mpg type gimicks? Lovely wheels though and can't wait to see them on and the car lowered. Keep at it.
          Don't know which ebay chip he bought... I had the ProFormance one though and it worked a treat. Gained 12rwhp and about 8rwtq from it on the dyno.
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

Reminds me of Shakey Jake.

Looking forward to seeing those wheels on, paint those centers silver!
            Reminiscing...

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yeh it a pro performance chip, I have never had one before but it increased the rpm to 7200 and i have noticed a bit more power so for the money i can't complain.

The wheels are going on tommorow Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 195/50/16 on the front and the rear tyres are Pirelli P6000 205/50/16.

That is all for now ill post some pics tommorow.

Cheers
              sigpic

Comment

Good starting point, and keep us updated with pics and everything!
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Those are one of mmy favorite wheels of all time. Preferably with stepped lips, but those will clean up nice.
                  sigpic

Comment

So not much has really happened since I started this threat as I started a new job and funds were tight for a little while but the cash is flowing now and so my modification list is getting bigger.

But before I could do anything I noticed a bit of a coolant leak about a month ago around the air conditioning condenser :?. I instantly suspected the head gasket.

I left it for about a month checking the oil and water every day, didn't want any of that stuff mixin, unless I want fire works. Then the funds came in so took her down to my dads shop and jacked it up and started pulling shit off.

unfortunately I did not have a camera at the beginning of the process as my old compact had died. Never the less that gave me the excuse to go and get a Canon 60D . So here are some pics as she sits now.

The Car with the wheels since I never ended up posting a picture, mainly due to the shit camera I did have

The wheels they deserve a picture of there own

Just another shot of the car

First weekend I had the car in the shop I got it down to this

Once I got the head off first thing I noticed was that one of the exhaust valves in cylinder 2 was sunken into the port :curse:. Some dick head did some doggy shit before me!

So I dropped the head off to the machine shop and asked them to recondition the head, back cut the valves and give me some of those wonderful radius valves seats that every one loves. No problem they said. 2 days later they call me to say that as they were pressing in the new valve seat into the fucked valve port and a crack developed going from the water jacket across the deck and down through the port, and it was unrepairable.

So the hunt was on for a used head and fortunately enough Ryan (Dj Buttchug) came to my rescue, thanks man selling me his old head.

So while I am waiting for this head to arrive I decided to start preping the engine only to feel like an idiot for not noticing this earlier!

:curse: Stupid gasket between the timing cover and block was fucked and leaking. Off with the all of that shit as well.

That is how the car sits at the moment until I get on to getting the rest off this week some time. This shits me off as now all I have in the car is a block with crank conrods and pistons. If I new that gasket was fucked I would have just pulled the whole engine and did a 2Lt build up!!!!!!

Anyway that is where she is at. As soon as I have the engine back together I will post an update.

Cheers Guys

Massimo
                    Last edited by Massimo; 07-09-2013, 12:31 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

You need to put a bigger engine in that car, I'm willing fund part of this by buying your wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by nwvb bmw View Post
                        You need to put a bigger engine in that car, I'm willing fund part of this by buying your wheels.
                        Na na turbo m42 > bigger engine

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                        Ig:ryno_pzk
                        I like the tuna here.
                        Originally posted by lambo
                        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                          Na na turbo m42 > bigger engine
                          I approve of this.

we need more M42's out there doing things!

Comment

very nice! keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by nwvb bmw View Post
                              It's not the size that matters its the way you use it! I want to keep her light and as well balanced as possable so the M42 is staying.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X