No announcement yet.

My Maserati Biturbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw, for anyone looking - there's someone in the Washington DC area that keeps posting up a PAIR of Biturbos for sale for like $1500 or something. It's not on CL right now, but he seems to repost them there every few months. Says one is a driver (but needs work) and the other is a parts car.

FYSA.
    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

I get a lot of questions about my MPG so I'll throw this up:
      I completely refreshed my eta motor, and drive mostly highway. I always have a clean set of all-season tires run about 2psi higher than recommended. Although I drive it hard, I had a 2.93 so it was really easy to get between 38-42mpg on the regular. Since adding the Turner chip and the 3.25S my fuel economy has dropped to between 32-26.

For those of you asking about videos, etc...please read on page 8 that the car was a total loss. My father has put ridiculous hours into this handcrafting the bumpers, stitching the interior and doing all the body work and paint. It's a really hard time for us to see the car go in this manner.

Irish, I may look into those. I have been wanting to pick up another Biturbo to swap an S52 into as a daily and two usually make 1. Thanks so much for the heads up there.

Comment

This thread really ended sadly. what a great example of hard work. It's funny because when My uncle graduated UCLA in 84' he looked at a biturbo and a 325e he ended up getting the 325e and it's mine now. I have always wondered what i would have ended up with if he bought the biturbo...

Comment

I came in through the Grassroots Motorsports link.
          I want to extend my heartfelt deepest sympathy to you on the passing of the loved one.
          Better to have know and lost rather than not have known at all.

I also commend your capabilities!

Comment

Much appreciated to all of your sympathies and kind words. In all honesty, the credit goes to my father who did about 80% of the work in my absence. I had moved 6 hours away halfway through the project and he handled most of the work from that point on.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxDriver86 View Post

On the upside, we will be taking delivery of a 1994 Bentley Turbo R for a quick turn around and will likely be on the hunt for either an Alfa Milano Verdi or a Lamborgini Espada...
              If you are looking for a place to put your Bentley/Alfa/Lambo build thread, bring it over to Grassroots combined with the sister publication Classic Motorsports. Would love to hear/see more.

John
              '87 325is
              Last edited by jrw1621; 06-15-2012, 06:06 AM.

Comment

I have waited for an appropriate time to post on this forum for the first time and I would like you to know, as my first official post on this site, your work and your father's work on this car was/is amazing. Truly artistic. Beautifully done, and I too send my deepest sympathies to you for your loss.

Please continue to grace us with your future projects. This build thread was a treat to read through.

Comment

Wow, the car looks amazing, pretty much everything you set it out to be is now reality! Great job!! Hope to see it someday in person!
                  - Frank
                  '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
                  http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
                  Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

I have seen something like this one on craigslist. But that is bit costly for me.
                    http://www.searchck.com

Comment

The Top Gear team get their hands on the legacy of a racing legend as the Maserati MC12 supercar makes its debut on the Top Gear track. Watch more high qual...

oh well, joins the ranks of the others that have met a similar fate. pity all your work was lost though i'm sorry man.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I sure would like to inquire about that interior as well as the rear spoiler, the suspension, brakes etc. Please send me a PM if you have any info at all on where the wrecked car ended up and if any of it is left for sale.
                        Thanks
                        -Paul in Ohio

Comment

I took a page out of his book and with virtually no experience, I made an attempt at recovering my door panels. I'm still interested in parts from that car if it ever turns up.

Comment

Incredible project man

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                            X