Resurrection of my coupe
Collapse
X
-
MarkD Chip. All that I have read was that this was the one to get for my M50NV. Asked questions on his spring FS thread with no answer to my specifics. I just decided to call him directly. Very informative and helpful on the phone. I felt comfortable about purchasing it so I did with rev-limited. To prepare for its arrival, I started putting 93 in the tank.
Since he is based out of Canada, he has someone in Ohio to send out his stuff but for some reason, he was "busy". Unaware to Mark, this delayed its arrival. Maybe a rare occurance but I expected it 2 weeks earlier. None the less, it did finally get here by USPS.
A priority sealed envelope with just a chip holder (and chip). I was expecting some instructions but I guess its that easy. Well, it wasnt. I just parked my car in front of backup car and took out the ECU. Here I am, fiddling with the brain of my car as I didnt want to fubar it and lock in my backup up. Ok, bend the 6 tabs off the cover (5 on mine since someone has fiddled with it already) and pop it off. Remove the plastic cover under it...easy enough. Now, I see 2 boards on top of each other. Wanting to usually figure it out, I caved as I know it would take some time to find a backup ECU. I called Mark and to my surprise, he answered (past business hours). He seemed surprised that no instructions were with the chip). He said he would send it after he was done with dinner. Cool. I waited for 5 min and looked on youtube.
Once I wrestled the top board off, it was easy after that. The video helped alot. Mark sent the BavAuto instructions the next moring. :( Anyways, Here is where Im at.

Boards pulled apart.

Swapped!

At first I was just like yeah, maybe a little better. The next morning, yeah in is better. By the afternoon, I was giving it the beans and saying..."im going to need new tires soon." My check panel cover kept on popping off.
Im not going to be setting any records but it is better in the lower revs and all the way up.
Aside from the delays, im happy with my purchase. Call Mark for your questions or concerns and dont rely on the forum for answers. It was the finsihing touch to my swap as its been close to 1 year now. Now if I can just sort out that AC...
Cheers!Last edited by N2MYE30; 07-26-2012, 07:52 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Im not stocked up on smileys but I do have another pair of Hella H4s. Some time back one of my H4s received a nice crack. When I bought my cabrio, it had some H4s as well so it was a perfect time to swap them over.

On a side note, here is the final clear spray for my red tails. I waxed them up and installed. I wish my car paint would shine like these things.
All together...

Cheers!Last edited by N2MYE30; 07-26-2012, 07:55 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Awesome, anything will look better than a bare valance. I know I have seen your convertible around NC States campus once. Are you close to that?Leave a comment:
-
-
What are you gonna do with the volvo lip? Or do you still have the i lip? I am completely lipless
Love you car btw. Front end looks great now!Leave a comment:
-
Well, all mocked up. It's amazing what a freshening and a real lip do. No more embarrassing front end.
Leave a comment:
-
-
Man, I am painting my car silver when the time comes....
Nice work manLeave a comment:
-
Ive been waiting for 6 years to do this part. The odd thing is that with 2 e30 (once even 3), engine swap, several suspension work, several wheels, and several other odd jobs, this part took the back seat. Long time coming but its happening.
Ive been rocking this front end since I got it. It had no lip when I got it but then I got a I lip shortly after. I rocked that one till the week someone noted that the volvo lip worked many moons ago...so I did that. I know the hate on the volvo lip but it survived several brutal obstacles for years...and kept on holding on.

Bumper off...I catually like this look.

Everything off for comparo. Yes that is a genuine blunttech IS lip! Finally! Its been painted with trim paint and ready for install.



Anybody have the part number for the green screw holder?

All put back together! New fogs are a must for finish off the look. I cannot wait to get it all back together! It should all be back together tmro.

Cheers!Leave a comment:
-
-
For this chapter indeed...seeing these things in person blew my mind. Did you post this for my benefit? HAHAHA!Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: