Resurrection of my coupe
Collapse
X
-
Your car looks amazing! I read the whole post, and you've done an incredible job, and had very tasteful, quality work done. I'm a wee bit jealous, and inspired.
I like that your cars are very OEM, and respectful to the design and engineering of BMW.Leave a comment:
-
This car is sooo much fun to drive! Here it is taking a few breaths after a spirited drive. :)

Leave a comment:
-
All is going just fine. Its been on 3 rides and feels great. Only one 1 light left....ABS. Ive got a thread on the 24V section if anybody has input.
Power steering still not worked out but Ill hafta get to a pnp for that. Ill hafta update with some pix soon.
Cheers!Leave a comment:
-
-
Well I finally drove it home from the exhaust shop. All I was expecting to to was to have them weld up the downtube to my existing exhaust system but they said it would almost be cheaper (more effective) to redo the whole thing which was downtube with o2 sensor reading both pipes, cat, and a 16" resonator. I was really bummed about this. Not because of the increased cost but now I had no idea on how my system would sound. I just new I would hate it! I didnt want it any louder than what I had.
So after 2 days in the shop, I started it up and to my surprise...it was actually quieter. Very odd, very odd indeed. So around the block I went. This was its true maiden voyage!
First observations:
1) Power steering isnt working quite right but definitely quicker.
2) Smoke coming out of the hood! I pulled over expecting a fire or something but it was the residual paint coming off the exhaust manifold. I will not paint those ever again! This will burn off.
3) CEL comes and goes. There is some vacuum leak around the intake mani and the TB. I can hear it sucking wind. O2 sensor prolly picking this up.
4) Oil light. I have to wire up this to the e30 side.
5) Anti lock brake light. I have to wire up this to the e30 side.
6) Engine. Well what a different driving car now! Its so much smoother. The torque is far better and last longer. The temp never past half on a 95*F day.
7) Shifting was pure e30...perfect!
I havent had time to run it more than about 10 miles or so. I want to fix and clean a couple of things on the list before stepping out too far.
Here are some pix of it back home.
Exhaust. Ill get some better pix when I get it on some stands of my setup.




This pic does suck and ill take a better one without flash of o2 sensor. BTW, the wire was ran above the tranny tunnel.

Up top.



Once I get the wiring done for the anti lock breaks and the oil level sensor, ill work on getting the 318/m3 harness cover on. Still plenty to do but the hard part is done.
And some of my mess. Ew! I dislike cutter!:hitler:

Vids soon!
Cheers!Leave a comment:
-
-
Its at the exhaust shop right now!!! I can hardly contain myself.
Edit, I finally got my pix uploaded from one of my cameras.
Here it is coming off the trailer at the exhaust shop.


Some random shot while they had it on the lift while fitting the new exhaust system




I had to goto work while they got it all installed so I wasnt able to get completed pix of it all together. :(Last edited by N2MYE30; 09-12-2011, 05:21 AM.Leave a comment:
-
My early valence allows for more air flow. Your later valence allows my car to look better...just sayin'.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: