Dude's Daily Racecar

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by moe30
    Sounds like a fun car (pics!!). Also is it very safe to run adapters on a track car?
    I would guess, i see the drift guys running like 30mm spacers

    Originally posted by kishg
    i would advise you stick with that suspension for a while. what do you hope to gain from the adjustability?
    Ive tracked my red car on the same suspension and loved it. I just want to be able to adjust my stance till its just the way i want it.

    Leave a comment:


  • emagdnim33
    replied
    Sounds awesome!! If you need any interior parts lmk!!! Im in Central Jers. -Ryan

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    i would advise you stick with that suspension for a while. what do you hope to gain from the adjustability?

    Leave a comment:


  • moe30
    replied
    Sounds like a fun car (pics!!). Also is it very safe to run adapters on a track car?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dude
    replied
    Maybe becuase I love type A's?

    I dont know what im going with yet. Might also go with some newer bmw wheels. Really dont know yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • trackjunkie21
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo
    I'm not sure why you want to run boat anchors with adapters. There are many other wheels out there (for less) that I would run before the type A reps.
    This. If this is going on the track, get something lighter, Kosei K1's maybe?

    Leave a comment:


  • CHIF8008
    replied
    waiting for pics... :D haha

    Leave a comment:


  • Philo
    replied
    I'm not sure why you want to run boat anchors with adapters. There are many other wheels out there (for less) that I would run before the type A reps.

    Leave a comment:


  • Strelok
    replied
    Selling the IE3's?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dude
    started a topic Dude's Daily Racecar

    Dude's Daily Racecar

    This is my third time typing this up. Forgive me if its a brief intro

    Starting point:

    89 325i

    M50 Swap with bolt ons (Flywheel,clutch,chip,headers,exhuast)

    325/318 5 Lug

    Half gutted interior with sparco's

    Goal:

    This will be my daily driver and double duty track car. It runs awesome as of now but mainly needs tidying up and tieing up some loose ends. Heat and a/c are gone aswell as the whole heater box. Ive given up on the thought of a/c as all the lines are removed and everything. I NEED to get heat in it to make it through the winter. I would like to finish the interior, its screwed and taped together to make it look somewhat like stock, but I want it to be to look stock with the exception of a Roll bar, no rear seats, and the sparco's.

    Plans:

    -Wheels/tires. Thinking ESM type A reps. I just dont know if im gonna be able to pull them off as ill need 5x100 to 5x120 adapters and the offset on the wheels is 10 and adapters are pretty thick.
    -Convert to coilovers from the IE3/Billy Sport setup. I want adjustability
    -Roll bar
    -Finish the interior (replace carpet, get glovebox, mighttt put in a back seat just incase i have to bring someone else along, get all missing trim, get headliner,etc)
    -Fix all the little rust spots and such. Refinsih and repaint the bumpers and valances.
    -Might vinyl wrap it.
    -Finish and organize alot of wiring that needs to be done (Blinkers, speakers, reverse lights, fogs, etc)
    -Need to figure out a way to get a heater box inthere and run the plumbing for it (not looking forward to this)


    This should give me a good place to document what I do and post all my pictures. Speaking of which i cant post any down becuase im in school but I will in a little bit.
Working...