Dude's Daily Racecar

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rbartongrimley
    replied
    I have that same heater, for that exact same process.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dude
    replied
    Waiting to button up the interior until I figure out a way to get some heat in the car.

    Some garage pics









    ^^^ My life source in a 90 year old detached garage

    Leave a comment:


  • Dude
    replied
    Got alot of work done organizing the wiring under the dash, but now the radio, tach (just the tach, I blew the fuse somehow, replaced it, and the temp gauge works but not the tach) and also the windows. Wiring is a pain in the dick, im in pretty far over my head. Hopefully having some help on wednesday and this weekend. Then im gonna start looking for a fresh interior and invent some DIY heaterbox with the existing heater core and some fans.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    If you're not busy saturday and if you're not done I'll be there by 2pm. And we'll do everything I promise.
    what about friday?

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    If you're not busy saturday and if you're not done I'll be there by 2pm. And we'll do everything I promise.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by lolcantturn
    I fucking hate you. Today would have been so much better if you could have made it here.

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Dude
    replied
    Starting pulling the mess further apart. Now the tach wont work and the radio wont work when connected. Also a bunch of wires that arent connected to anything and im not sure if i can just snip em if i dont need em. Ive decided im not gonna go with the stock heater box. I think img going to attempt to make my own using a box ill make with a heater core installed. Then hook up a small fan or two to blow air through the core and then run some duction to the footwellls and up to the windsheld. Could be interesting.

    Also picked up a propane heater. Heats up my detached 2 car garage quite well. Happy about that.





    Leave a comment:


  • Dude
    replied
    Here we go now.
















    And the e30tech sticker gone!

    Leave a comment:


  • cagedbunny
    replied
    You can actually use 6 pt belts on a stock seat as well; it's 5 point belts that are an issue without a sub-belt hole. The 6 point belts can be slipped between the upper and lower half of the seat, and then sat on/wrapped up between the legs. 4 point belts are a big no-no, unless you want your internal organs to come out of your mouth.

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    Originally posted by Dude
    I dont even think you can run 6pt belts on these seats
    ??

    we are talking about these seats yes?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dude
    replied
    I dont even think you can run 6pt belts on these seats




    Btw food for through

    Leave a comment:


  • briansjacobs
    replied
    good point Kish, thought he was referring to belts but could be bar. so yes to 4 pt bar, no to 4 pt belts and internal organ crushing. Yes to an improper fitted sub belt crushing your nuts in an enduro, wont do that again!

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    by 4-pt did you mean the bar or belts? yeah, no to 4-pt belts, stick to 6-pt unless you want your internal organs crushed.

    Leave a comment:


  • briansjacobs
    replied
    I would avoid a 4 point like the fucking plague, then again with those seats you probably dont have an option to use 3 points which are generally safer than a 4 point unless you are using the Schroth 4 point that is designed to work with the factory tensioners.

    Leave a comment:

Working...