No announcement yet.

89 Schwarz 24v Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started working today and figured I would get the modification of the steering linkage done. I am planning on not running power steering and the guibo that was stock from the factory really was not going to cut it. I picked up an aftermarket one from I.E. that I believe is made of urethane. I am not to stoked on it, it seems a bit flimsy but I installed it anyways. I went ahead and took down the skematics and drew it up in solidworks, and I plan on machining one out of delrin (or something along those lines) to put in there. This whole modification definitely took way more time than I thought it would, but it is done!

I plan on starting on the wiring this week, and go from there.

Do Work www.sbeuroclub.com

Comment

Had some time to work on the car this weekend. I felt that it went quite well. I washed down my intake manifold and put new gaskets on it. Routed all of the coolant hoses that are under the manifold. I decided to delete the hoses going to the throttle body. I removed the outlet on the head and put a bolt in its place. I plugged up the spider hose for the mean time with a metal dowel and a clamp. It is way to jerry-rigged for my likings so I will need to figure out some other options.

I didn't like my mounting options for the dipstick, so I am aiming to sketch something up and machine it at my work this week.

Got the wiring started. All the sensors plugged in and sorted a few things out. I am hoping I figure everything out next weekend and then I can get the car started. I am still waiting for my drive shaft to arrive, so I it might be a bit longer still!

Comment

It looks like the vht wrinkle paint didnt set properly in the last picture. I used it on my valve cover and it turned out awesome. Only thing is that it takes forever to set and a lifetime to cure. I left mine it the rafters of my garage for almost a week before it hardened like powdercoat.

Comment

Hey man--I got your text. Shit looks dope! Super clean. Wish I could be there when you finally start it up. :(

Comment

This is coming along great! Keep it going!
            Originally posted by LJ851
            kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
            ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
            #teamross
            Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
              Hey man--I got your text. Shit looks dope! Super clean. Wish I could be there when you finally start it up. :(
              You are just going to have to come down for the grand key turning when it is time! Haha

Comment

Rory, this thread is GANGSTER and your car is looking PIMP as hell. Can't wait to see it in running form when I'm in SB again. Do it.
                The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

Working...
                X