No announcement yet.

'90 325i sedan. (bronzit content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the cover off from inside the trunk, and where the ski pass should be, there is an panel that was tac welded in, punch that out and mount the sub there.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

I thought about doing that, but I still have the rear seat to deal with. Isnt it hard to get bass in the cabin unless you have ports/armrest?

I went with 10k 12k rates because I wanted it stiff. I read it was a good combo of DD and track...feels pretty good so far! :)

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
        I thought about doing that, but I still have the rear seat to deal with. Isnt it hard to get bass in the cabin unless you have ports/armrest?

I went with 10k 12k rates because I wanted it stiff. I read it was a good combo of DD and track...feels pretty good so far! :)
        Bass will still enter the car.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

I like everything you've done so far. but for your saftey and everyone around you, I'd have those coilovers professionaly welded. welding stuff to forged metal isn't exactly the easiest thing. and those welds just don't look to good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike The Bavarian View Post
            I like everything you've done so far. but for your saftey and everyone around you, I'd have those coilovers professionaly welded. welding stuff to forged metal isn't exactly the easiest thing. and those welds just don't look to good.
            Thought about that..called a couple welders in town and they said they can't weld car parts because their insurance won't let them. So my dad said he'll do it. It's a strong weld. It's not completely welded onto the cast steel...most of the weld is attached to the spindle(we left a little gap between the coilover and the knuckle). Also, the coilover is an extremely tight fit. We had to pound it onto the spindle. Pretty much a press fit....and most of the pressure isn't placed directly on the weld...so I think it'll take my abuse.

Okay, cool. I'll try putting the sub in the trunk and see how it sounds.

Comment

I like the attention to detail. I want to try that tail light tint

Bahama Beige E23 Project
              Bluebird Bus Conversion
              New Oregon Trail

Comment

keep up the great work man. everything little detail is just amazing. sub'd.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                my feedback thread

Comment

looks like you put bondo over the hole for your front tow hook?
                  :borg:

Comment

Originally posted by !kid View Post
                    looks like you put bondo over the hole for your front tow hook?
                    Correct.

Thanks for the compliments guys:)

Got my subwoofer and amp wired in today...I'll post some pics soon.

Comment

Hey, it's Jim Bob's old car.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                        Hey, it's Jim Bob's old car.
                        Yep yep...that a bad thing? That seems to be how everyone local knows this car...

Comment

Got my sub and amp wired in

Before

After

Knocked out the ski pass to let more bass enter

Seats out

Wiring under the seat and carpet

Had the cat help :)

Turkey pot pie anyone?

This little floorboard runner thing took like 5 hours to get off....ran the wires through the ski pass, under the rear seat, up the driver side floor under the carpet, under the steering wheel, and into the headunit

Seats back in

All wired up (wiring in the trunk isn't complete yet...still gotta hide it and mount the amp. I also have too long of a power cord)

The sub goes pretty good....it's loud in the cabin even with the rear seats in. :):)

Comment

Hey dude, do you have any idea how much all the materials ended up costing for the DIY Euro Trim?
                            I painted mine last year, but didn't fill the markers.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              Hey dude, do you have any idea how much all the materials ended up costing for the DIY Euro Trim?
                              I painted mine last year, but didn't fill the markers.
                              This

Comment

If I didn't have all the materials from other project it would have been something like

Bondo 10
                                Paint 6
                                Spot filler 3
                                Resin 15
                                Fiberglass 5

So materials about $40...but it seems like a lot of people have bondo around their house and other materials from other projects. The only thing I didn't have was the paint...so the project costed me something like 6 bucks (if you don't include what I already had)

Comment

Working...
                                X