318ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318ix

So, I bought an '88 2-door ix for $360. Put a good chunk of money getting it ready to go, had fuel, spark, etc, but wouldn't run. A friend offered to trade me a running '91 318i for it, so I agreed as long as I could take the projectors along with me. :p

EDIT: Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough. I bought an 88 IX. Made this thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186664 then this thread: http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188526 then got fed up with it and traded it for this 318. Saved a couple parts off the IX and put it onto the 318, therefore I created my new car. Decided to call it a 318ix for fun.

This will be my DD as I'm caging my prerunner truck. Short term plans are for some sway bars, lowering springs, and APEX ARC-8 17x8" ET25's. Possibly a full leather interior... we'll see. As you all know, threads suck without pictures, so here it goes. (thanks goes to Robby for the pictures.)

And the mascot dog, Broady:

And the Wheel/tire combo I'm going for:
    Last edited by JakeP; 05-17-2011, 12:54 PM.

srs. i didnt even know there was a 318ix
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

318ix? that would be awesome if it was true.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

I'd like to get a hold of those rims on the red E30. What is it called?

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
        So, I bought an '88 2-door ix for $360. Put a good chunk of money getting it ready to go, had fuel, spark, etc, but wouldn't run. A friend offered to trade me a running '91 318i for it, so I agreed as long as I could take the projectors along with me. :p

This will be my DD as I'm caging my prerunner truck. Short term plans are for some sway bars, lowering springs, and APEX ARC-8 17x8" ET25's. Possibly a full leather interior... we'll see. As you all know, threads suck without pictures, so here it goes. (thanks goes to Robby for the pictures.)

And the mascot dog, Broady:

And the Wheel/tire combo I'm going for:
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
        ---------------------------------
        89 E30 S52
        ---------------------------------
        Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Oh cool, I can't wait to see your caged eta at the track again.

I was the big hispanic dude that shook your hand, while you and your buddy where behind the bleachers tightening up that car.

This looks like another good project and oh how much for the mascot dog shipped?
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

there is no such thing as a 318ix...
            AWD > RWD

Comment

^

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
                I'd like to get a hold of those rims on the red E30. What is it called?
                Learn to read.
                -tim
                Originally posted by Jordan
                I like the stance
                -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                  there is no such thing as a 318ix...
                  Well, it's a combination of a 318i and a 325ix. It could be called a hybrid thingamabobber.

On a side note, anyone have a fuel pump for my car? It just died today. Pulled it out of the tank and it bench tested bad. :(

Originally posted by IRON-E
                  Oh cool, I can't wait to see your caged eta at the track again.

I was the big hispanic dude that shook your hand, while you and your buddy where behind the bleachers tightening up that car.

This looks like another good project and oh how much for the mascot dog shipped?
                  Probably be back out there in a month with a rattle can paint job. For the dog, I'll trade a 318i fuel pump... $160 value!

Comment

Got a fuel pump in it out of a junkyard 318is and replaced my K5 blower relay so I have AC controls. Just have to replace the resistor (only have 0/4 fan settings).

Anyone know why I would have a cold start issue? Symptoms:
                    Only happens when motor is below regular operating temp
                    Idle drops to the verge of dying and has 0 power.
                    ICV is good (replaced with a working unit)
                    Starts running good after about 1-2 min or idling. After that, it runs awesome.

Comment

Confused. No '88 ix here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                        Confused. No '88 ix here.
                        lol, sorry if I didn't make it clear enough. I bought an 88 IX. Made this thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186664 then this thread: http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188526 then got fed up with it and traded it for this 318. Saved a couple parts off the IX and put it onto the 318, therefore I created my new car. Decided to call it a 318ix for fun.

Comment

Where are the IX parts on the 91' 318i?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

projectors, HIDs, grilles, cluster parts, etc. Just lots of little odds and ends.

Comment

Should've kept it! Than again, i'm a little biased.
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                              X