No announcement yet.

91 318is Never ending project(s) journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome project topic, lots ot pic+some text. Nice to see some one is dedicated to doo like this :)
    Question came to mind. So how you fixed the rust in some cleaner, what substance and then painted it or what???
    Does some that big, bad rust would have done well out of the sand or sandblast
    https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
    https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Good work , you're going down the path I like, oem.
      I got questions...!!
      Did you ever get to delete the fan clutch ? If yes, how was the engine temp?
      How are your E28 engine mounts holding up? Any issues? You recommend them?
      What is the cap you used on your windshield fluid bottle from? Part #?
      And last did you ever get to installing the m3 master brake cylinder? Where did you source out the 12mm to 10mm pipe from? I want a little better response on my brakes, you think this will do it?
      sigpic
      1990 318is M-technik2

Comment

Originally posted by Rede30eS View Post
        I'm lovin the attention to detail in this thread!

How do you like that Peel And Seal? Big difference overall? Still holding up well?

Benjam
        So far, so good. For the vertical panels, you need to make sure you stick it on good as it can come loose with some heat. Cabin is way more quieter. Just need to do door seals and wish the glass was thicker, lol.
        Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
        BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Originally posted by Sade View Post
          Awesome project topic, lots ot pic+some text. Nice to see some one is dedicated to doo like this :)
          Question came to mind. So how you fixed the rust in some cleaner, what substance and then painted it or what???
          Does some that big, bad rust would have done well out of the sand or sandblast
          Thanks. Por-15 products is what I used. Due to location of rust and it being my daily, going the sandblasted route was not on option.

Comment

Just went through this all, everything looks awesome. Thanks for sharing with us !
            Current:
            1989 325i
            1988 M3
            1987 325ic
            Past:
            2001 330ci
            2001 M3

Comment

Originally posted by xtos View Post
              Good work , you're going down the path I like, oem.
              I got questions...!!
              Did you ever get to delete the fan clutch ? If yes, how was the engine temp?
              How are your E28 engine mounts holding up? Any issues? You recommend them?
              What is the cap you used on your windshield fluid bottle from? Part #?
              And last did you ever get to installing the m3 master brake cylinder? Where did you source out the 12mm to 10mm pipe from? I want a little better response on my brakes, you think this will do it?
              Thanks. Yes, deleted fan clutch. I did swap out radiator temp switch to the lower temp from e36. Fan turns on sooner but in heavy rush hour traffic needle just hits half mark on gauge and by then fan is on high so it keeps it cool. Normal driving, needle is just a little over 1/4 mark.

Mounts are holding up with no issues. The vibration is increased. I am looking to return to stock ones. I just have to much rattling of interior pieces. Once I fix my running rich issue and swap dash, I will maybe but them back or just keep them for a s52 swap. So if you track, drive mostly by your self, no wife/gf, and want to be more aggressive on street, go for it. Or if lack of funds.

Mc was installed and I got pipe from BMW. Under the e30 m3 parts section. I always wanted an e30 m3 suspension to install so I decided to do this. I know have one to install sitting in a box. The feel is good and with good pads, it really stops the car. You need a little more foot pressure though. Once I add the m3 brakes, less pressure will be needed. So more response, but more foot pressure. Better pads can get you better response.

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
                Just went through this all, everything looks awesome. Thanks for sharing with us !
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
                  Thanks. Por-15 products is what I used. Due to location of rust and it being my daily, going the sandblasted route was not on option.
                  Ok, is that product to stop the flow of rust, as I thought it just gets worse

Comment

Yes stops rust and make metal a little stronger. Www.por15.com if you want more info. Some people paint the whole underside of a car with it.

Comment

check it out:
                      Explore POR-15's extensive range of restoration products, perfect for bringing new life to any vehicle with superior performance and quality. Order online now!

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
                        Yes stops rust and make metal a little stronger. Www.por15.com if you want more info. Some people paint the whole underside of a car with it.
                        Originally posted by vert_this View Post
                        check it out:
                        http://www.por15.com/
                        Thanks for the info

Comment

Alex, we missed you at the meet. I saw you just as you were pulling out. We were hanging by the grill/pavilion. The car is looking great!
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Thanks . I saw your car, huge transformation. Looks great. Wasn't sure where lots of people were. It was a good size meet. I left early due wife being close to giving birth. Actually at hospital, she gave birth yesterday to healthy baby girl.

Comment

Congratulations! You do know that's not my original car, right? Just after finishing the coupeit got totaled :(
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Thanks. Had no idea. What you have looks good.

Comment

Working...
                                X