E30 M3 Steel Bodywork Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
    The car looks great and I can't wait for this thing to get off the rotisserie...

Schutzen = verb for "to protect"

Schutz = noun for "protection"

For instance, in German safety glasses are "Schutzbrille", or "protection glasses"
    Thanks man, I can't wait as well... it's been a long road to this point, but it's been worth it...

Garey

Comment

Lookin like an amazing build! I Love it
      88 Zinno M3

Comment

Originally posted by Predzy743 View Post
        Lookin like an amazing build! I Love it
        Thanks man, I'll see you on Sunday!

Garey

Comment

anything I can help with let me know. If I dont have it. i know someone who would. im sure you do as well lol
          88 Zinno M3

Comment

Originally posted by Predzy743 View Post
            anything I can help with let me know. If I dont have it. i know someone who would. im sure you do as well lol
            Thanks Steve, I'll let you know about that rear seatbelt setup from the M3, when i pick it up...

Garey

Comment

cant wait to see the coating.... ;) keep up the good work! i love looking at the list when more than all the stuff is checked off. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by airkhin View Post
                cant wait to see the coating.... ;) keep up the good work! i love looking at the list when more than all the stuff is checked off. haha.
                I have about 4 items left on the list, which was about 12 items long last week, so I'm making headway. I want the list in the trash can before i think about the POR-15 for the interior, so hopefully by the end of this week... Schutzing hopefully next week...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
                  Thanks Steve, I'll let you know about that rear seatbelt setup from the M3, when i pick it up...

Garey
                  sounds great.
                  88 Zinno M3

Comment

At last, an update! I've been busy slaving away, though... I'm finished with all but a small amount of fabrication. I got the interior and trunk POR-15'ed and seam sealed both, as well. I am waiting for the pedal assembly to arrive, so I can finish the mount for it to the dash bar, which is why the dash bar isn't POR'ed, I have to make the mounts for the 5 series radiator I'm running, which is why I haven't POR'ed the engine bay yet and I can't POR past the B-pillar, since I don't have the C-pillar/rear window frame on the roof yet and that has to be spot welded on. Other than those 3 areas, the car is getting dangerously close to being done and ready to be undercoated and painted... I'm glad, too, I'm tired of fabrication and welding. Lol! On to the pics...

Interior shots...

Trunk shots, with fuel cell bar finished...

Thanks for watching, stay tuned...

Garey

Comment

So, so, so clean fab work. You might be tired of it, but i'm not tired of looking at it.

Comment

Originally posted by everlast View Post
                        So, so, so clean fab work. You might be tired of it, but i'm not tired of looking at it.
                        Thanks man... I guess I should re-phrase that. It's not that I'm tired of it, I'd just rather be driving it, instead of still building it, Lol!

Garey

Comment

Hah, I know what you mean but take time to enjoy the parts you enjoy. I miss doing the big parts of my build. Seeing large progress and making large amounts of headway only happens at this stage in the build!

Comment

Hah, I know what you mean but take time to enjoy the parts you enjoy. I miss doing the big parts of my build. Seeing large progress and making large amounts of headway only happens at this stage in the build!
                            I'm with you... I just like to make light of the amount of time I'm spending and the little headway I seem to see, at times. I am glad I started this project... it's kind of a bucket list thing... #64 Build Car from Scratch... check, did that one, Lol! I'm enjoying it, no really I am...:D

Garey

Comment

Haha, I know what you mean. I picture having pics of my car for grandkids to see how granddad was cool once. ;)

Comment

Haha, I know what you mean. I picture having pics of my car for grandkids to see how granddad was cool once. ;)
                                Haha... but will they think we were cool, or wonder why we spent time doing silly things to cars that run along the ground when their cars don't even have wheels, Lol? I think about that too...

Garey

Comment

Working...
                                X