No announcement yet.

E30 M3 Steel Bodywork Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels look really good Garey! Excited to see how things are starting to come together really well right now!! Keep it up!!!
    1989 325i|1992 325i|And completely obsessed|:woowoo:
    sigpic BMW. The Ultimate Driving Machine.
    The Build...

Comment

Originally posted by ahriley91 View Post
      I like the idea of a second set of wheels. The one for shows. The show ones should have some stretch and poke. Haha.
      Haha... well, if I do go that route, I'd say the show wheels would probably end up being a polished 18" set. Maybe a 8" and 9" staggered set, probably iForged, Modulare or Trueforged custom set, so I could get the fitment spot on. No poke or stretch, though. Not into that look at all and it's ridiculous to have that style setup on a car that's revered for it's handling. Kind of defeats the purpose, IMO...:)

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by drutt23 View Post
        Wheels look really good Garey! Excited to see how things are starting to come together really well right now!! Keep it up!!!
        Thanks man, yeah, I'm happy with how it's progressing. Still a ton left to do, but I have plenty of time... actually, as much time as it takes, Lol!;)

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
          No poke or stretch, though. Not into that look at all and it's ridiculous to have that style setup on a car that's revered for it's handling. Kind of defeats the purpose, IMO...:)

Garey
          Goodonyamate.
          sigpic

Comment

Haha... well, if I do go that route, I'd say the show wheels would probably end up being a polished 18" set. Maybe a 8" and 9" staggered set, probably iForged, Modulare or Trueforged custom set, so I could get the fitment spot on. No poke or stretch, though. Not into that look at all and it's ridiculous to have that style setup on a car that's revered for it's handling. Kind of defeats the purpose, IMO...:)

Garey
            That's true. I don't have any problems with the handling and I have a 205/40r16 stretched on my 16x8's. It's just that tiny amount of stretch to help give it the nice stance. I'm all about the handling too. That's what my suspension is set up for.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

Comment

Originally posted by dirtysix View Post
              Goodonyamate.
              So, not being from New Zealand, I have no idea what that means, Lol! I assume you agree with the quoted statement, but I'm clueless... you could completely disagree, too, haha...

Please elaborate...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by ahriley91 View Post
                That's true. I don't have any problems with the handling and I have a 205/40r16 stretched on my 16x8's. It's just that tiny amount of stretch to help give it the nice stance. I'm all about the handling too. That's what my suspension is set up for.
                I know it's been debated plenty... I won't go back into it. I understand the reasoning behind the look and there are plenty of killer looking cars that are stretched and poked, it's just not for me. I should have no problems getting this car to sit right... it's completely adjustable. It shouldn't need any wheel/tire shenanigans to make it sit right, lol!

Garey
                Last edited by bmwmech1; 07-28-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

So, not being from New Zealand, I have no idea what that means, Lol! I assume you agree with the quoted statement, but I'm clueless... you could completely disagree, too, haha...

Please elaborate...

Garey

Goodonyamate Translates in uptight honky speak as:

Congratulations. You are doing it correctly Good Sir.
                  Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                    Goodonyamate Translates in uptight honky speak as:

Congratulations. You are doing it correctly Good Sir.
                    ROFL... uptight honky speak, Lol! I said to my wife that I had no idea what it meant... she promptly said "just Google it", to which I replied, "nah, I want to wait and get a real translation from him". You beat him to it and I almost spit my Mountain Dew all over my laptop, when I read your response...
                    At least I learned something new today...

Garey
                    Last edited by bmwmech1; 08-09-2011, 07:21 AM.

Comment

You are simpley amazing man im just at loss for words sitting in my office i know im a bit late in the process but im following it. my family lives in pa i lived in York for 15 years
                      sigpic

1989 Toyota Liteace- Surf Mobile Forsale http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215019
                      2012 Porsche 911 Black Edition-Sold
                      2007 E-Class 350 -Sold

Comment

Haha, good on you mate.
                        I googled it, for shit and giggles, and got all sorts of Aussie rubbish! Whats up with that?

Aaanyway, 'I whole heartedly agree with this statement.'
                        Not sure I'd agree with the upright bit though, hence the lazy, all rolled into one spelling goodonyamate.

For future reference
                        http://www.chemistry.co.nz/kiwi.htm#gasguzzler
                        sigpic

Comment

Also
                          sigpic

Comment

^^^ Again, ROFL... wait til I play this video for the wife tonight! Awesome! I'd start a new trend and start using the phrase, but it only works with an Aussie accent... sounds just plain silly with my non-accent!

Garey

Comment

Crikey mate, ya takin the piss?

Aussie accent my arse.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fsf1o1 View Post
                                You are simpley amazing man im just at loss for words sitting in my office i know im a bit late in the process but im following it. my family lives in pa i lived in York for 15 years
                                Thanks Chris, it's come a long way, but honestly, I've enjoyed it all. York huh? That's cool, I have an Aunt and cousin that live in Cocoa, lol! Too funny...

Garey

Comment

Working...
                                X