Spencer's 88 e30 :: Project photo thread ::

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spencer's 88 e30 :: Project photo thread ::

I've started a few other mini threads with photos of my car, but I wanted to make a main thread for all the photos and updates. Anyways here we go!

I was 17 years old when I managed to get my license, best feeling of my life. Driving by myself on the freeway with the most freedom that I have ever felt. I had a Tacoma truck for a bit that wasn't mine that I was driving, but after many searches for stupid focuses and civics, I came across a 1988 BMW 325 with a good amount of mods for a price that I could afford.

I never thought that I'd be driving a stick shift BMW for my first car, but I managed to snag the car. As I went to see the car I saw it parked in a parking lot from a distance and I instantly fell in love with the BMW scene. As I was talking to the owner he had a few other people call with offers for the car... I was very lucky to get there first. I picked the car up for $3k, came with a nice sound system and some extra parts.

The car had a nice oil leak, water pump blew out after a few weeks and small problems here and there. I had replaced a few parts and the car ran great. Fixed minor problems along the way " tail light bulbs, radiator hoses ".

After a few weeks the mods began, I bought HID's, re tinted the windows, stock center console, carbon fiber roundels, new tires, tinted tail lights. After a few days that I had the car I tried drifting and spun out, hit a mail box and blew out my front blinker/trim and part of my bumper. Learned the hard way :). From then on it was simple driving...

The owner of the car before me had put a lot of money into the car, so when I bought the car it looked like this.

But he showed me what it looked like when he first got the car.

Interior when I bought the car

Blew the water pump.

First car show I went to, love the reversed rake lol

6k HIDS

Then I started modding more and more.

This was after I had gotten the tint done, 30 in the front 15 in the rear.

Did the 15mm drop hats, ltw flag, tinted headlights and so on.

As you can see I did some simple stuff through out those photos, cleaned up the interior a bit with new shift knob, boots, e-brake stuff. I did zimmerman rotors and hawk pads... here is a list of mods I've done.

K&N Intake
    Dinan Chip
    Ireland Engineering Headers
    Interior swap from tan to black
    Spacers
    15x7.5 5Ziegen Wheels
    Carpeted rear dash
    Sound Deadening Removed from rear seats
    Air blower fan removed
    NRG Racing Seats
    Removed the AC, AC lines, Heater Core and all Heater Lines
    Rear Infinity 6x9's
    Front Inifity Mids
    6k HID's, Lows and Highs
    15mm front drop hats
    Tint was re-done, %35 up front %15 on rears
    Smoked headlights ( Film )
    Smoked tail lights ( Spray )
    Smoked sidemarkers
    Painted the windshield wipers black ( They were blue )
    Front window strip
    Carbon Fiber BMW emblems
    Sparco Steering wheel & Hub
    M shifter knob and M e-brake
    Shift boot and e-brake boot
    eBay pedals
    I also have the other main stuff like subs, europlates, LTW flag, V1 radar, random internet stickers, ect
    Painted the spoiler, door handles, shadow lining, window trim, fog deletes, I lip flat black.
    Last edited by Suspence; 03-03-2011, 12:30 PM.

Just recently did stainless steel brake lines, few new engine components, magnaflow muffler with 2.5 piping ( painted it flat black with header paint ), sparco evo 2 racing seat, symbolic sticker and a few other things. I also did 10k HIDS about 2 months ago.

Almost current interior, the sparco horn button is back on.

My car goes in this Saturday ( March 5th ) to get another inch drop in the front, and a few paint touch ups. I'm smogging my car soon as well and doing straight pipes hopefully. Here's a quick shop of what I want.

Plans in the future:

Apex racing wheels
    S50 swap or M20 turbo rebuild
    LSD
    coilovers
    New paint job
    monoblade
    Fogs
    all red tail lights
    another sparco evo 2
    half cage
    new head unit
    red gauge needles
    AC back in
    cup holder
    short shift
    and a ton of other crap haha.

But I'll keep updating this thread for awhile and keep you guys informed on whats going on! Thanks for looking, if you have any questions just let me know.

-Spencer

Comment

One of my favorite photos:

Comment

did you get new windshield gaskets? how the heck did u get the paint off them without it affecting the surrounding paint

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
          did you get new windshield gaskets? how the heck did u get the paint off them without it affecting the surrounding paint
          Chapparone autobody helped me out a lot, I'm their photographer. They do awesome work for me.

Comment

Wait. You just painted the window seal black?
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
              Wait. You just painted the window seal black?
              Yup, I'm pretty sure they prepped it before too.

Comment

Paint and rubber don't really mix well. Usually prematurely dries and cracks. I'd pull some clean ones off a wrecked car. Its a pretty quick job. New ones cost a couple hundred bucks for the set.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

i'm digging your magnaflow set up. got a part number for it? does it come with the tip too?
                  Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Very nice photos.
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
                      i'm digging your magnaflow set up. got a part number for it? does it come with the tip too?
                      Thanks, sure. I just bought the magnaflow muffler and a shop made the piping and welded it for me.

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                      Very nice photos.
                      Thanks! I'm a photographer and I work for Symbolic Motors.

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                      Paint and rubber don't really mix well. Usually prematurely dries and cracks. I'd pull some clean ones off a wrecked car. Its a pretty quick job. New ones cost a couple hundred bucks for the set.
                      Hmm, well I don't mind and it hasn't cracked yet for me. But thanks for the advice!

-Spencer :o

Comment

magna is pretty pricy for just the muffler...
                        Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

very cool looking E30.Good luck with it!
                          88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                          89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                          56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
                          www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

Lowered it another half inch up front...

Comment

Definitely sits better now. At first I thought this car looked kinda gross, but I have to say it is coming along.

Comment

Working...
                              X