No announcement yet.

Project FREE30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soz I gotz some morez progezzz......It's back on it's wheels temporarily so that I can roll it around and what not. I also wanted it turned around in the garage and decided that the more shit that's on the car, gives me more room to spread out with the engine tear down too :p

I sink I needs more weight......Check out my mad wheel gap yo!!! :down:
    I got some nuts idears running through my mind last night that convinced me to change course with the engine stuff again. I think I finally came up with something I'm going to stick to now!!! LOL!
    1989 325i|1992 325i|And completely obsessed|:woowoo:
    sigpic BMW. The Ultimate Driving Machine.
    The Build...

Comment

I really like that rusty color you used on the engine bay.
      -Nick
      Originally posted by 87e30
      First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

if your gonna do all this work. gotta clean up that rack
        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
        Got Drop?? ;-)
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        But of course
        E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBuyer View Post
          I really like that rusty color you used on the engine bay.
          Thanks man!! Me too! I wanted something that was a light color so that I could see stuff easily if I worked on it, but the more important part was to have something different. :)

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
          if your gonna do all this work. gotta clean up that rack
          No worries man. I know it looks REALLY bad under there. BUT it will most likely be getting a 2.7 lock rack. I am going to take it down to my buddy's shop and clean it anyways. Just have to roll it down there in the next few days. I need to spray the front sub down too and then I'll sandblast and powder coat it.
          The Build...

Comment

Been quite awhile since I last posted here, BUT I still have been doin work on the car. Finally finished painting it for now. Looks like hammered shit, but it'll do until I have the means to do it properly and much better. Have a lot of things back on already. Hopefully done with puttin the body stuff back together so that I can either tear into the M20 or dropping the other possibility for the motor in. Might do a Chevy 262 V8 that I have available currently. It'd be pretty sweet for a little while until I build the M20 the way I want to or pick up a M50 to build up. Anyways....pictures

Check out the new troll powa unda the hood......LOL

The factory wrap that's on the center console was peeling and I don't really like the look of it anyways so I pulled it all off and sanded and painted the plastic itself. It's temporary so it doesn't look the best that it could.

And that's how I left it for the night. More work and more pictures tomorrow.

The Build...

Comment

Nothin too special for an update today. But did a little bit here and there. Decided to not use the 'I' trunk lip that it came with so I patched the holes in the trunk lid. Painted the cowl pieces silver. Still lots more work to be done to the trunk lid, but I quit early today because the mosquitoes start getting really bad after the sun disappears behind the trees.

The Build...

Comment

keep it coming!

Comment

Here's some more for you guys!! Got the deck lid finished today. The first pic of it is right after I primered it. Then got it sprayed with the final color for now and mounted it on the car again. Came out ok i guess. I also tore into the engine today. The head was super clean!!!.....but then I started doing some more studying. And unfortunately I'll need a new one. Somebody has already blown it and then had it welded. Most of the welds have hairline cracks in them. Kinda bummed about finding that out. Oh well I guess....here's the pictures

Patched the holes for the spoiler. And also shaved the antenna way back. I forgot to take a picture of it when i did it though.

The Build...

Comment

Quick update. This one might be the last one for a little while due to having a lot of work picking up right now so I will be extremely busy, but that means more money for the E30. LOL! So anyways, Completely finished with the M20 for bow. All the parts are stowed away for now and I opened up some room in the garage. Here's some pictures.

This is the rod bearing that spun. Cylinder number three. That thing is pretty toasted....lol. :ohsnap: Thankfully no damage to the crank or the rods though which is definitely good.

Thanks for looking! Until next time.
                    The Build...

Comment

sickkkkkk are u gonna put some pearl in the paint

Comment

which part of the paint are you referring to???
                        The Build...

Comment

I loved the detail and time taken to get it done right! Also LOVE THAT BAY COLOR!
                          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                            I loved the detail and time taken to get it done right! Also LOVE THAT BAY COLOR!
                            Thanks man! I thought it'd be cool for something a little different yet it's pretty subtle. It's not so BAM!! Ya know?? It stands out but it doesn't hurt your eyes looking at it. I wish I was further along than I am right now, but work is annihilating all of my time right now. And other bills and shit are killing me too, so I had to put this on the back burner for a bit. Hopefully back at it in a few weeks though. The cops will hate big time when it's back on the road. :twisted:

EDIT: I have done a few things lately, but too busy to get pictures and post them. I promise I will make time this week though!!!!
                            The Build...

Comment

Have a quick little update. Here's how she's sittin as of today. I pulled the front sub and all the front suspension and what not again due to the current events happening. I will be starting to order parts and such soon. Here's some pictures though.

Here's the hood. Long story short about why it looks like it does is I had some issues with the wind, the amount of time I gave myself to do it, and one of the cans of paint. It'll get redone eventually, but it's not on the list of priorities ATM so instead of gettin pissed at it, I'm rollin with it for a little while.

Soooooo....onto the BIG news!!!!

Drum roll please...................................

BAM!!! Down payment just went to this today. Don't care about the body or anything really, but what's inside is what grabbed me :D

My E30 will have a heart again.......:drink::D

The Build...

Comment

Congrats man, I may have missed it but did you just give up on the m20? It looked like you had it apart and had some time into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X