No announcement yet.

Bronzit 4-door Swap... Wait what??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude seriously, its SO much bull!! I'm just glad we have two other enthusiasts in my neighborhood or they would probably complain about my late night wrenching and car parts in my backyard -.-

Starting the swap was my biggest gripe about moving because the other house had an RV parking space on the side while this house has no way of getting a car in to the backyard (just happened to buy the only house without the optional garage door facing the back yard )
    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Nice house!!!!

MOARMOARMOARMOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
      1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
      1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
      1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
      1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

lol thanks and your right on time with your request XD Uploading to photobucket right now; my flickr is full :nice:
        Updated 10/1

Comment

Love the build, good luck on the motorswap! :D What kind of paint did you use for the high beams? thinking about doing the same thing to my fogs.. :D

Comment

Thanks! Your build was awesome; big inspiration :)

Here is the thread I made when I did them. It''s simply some glass stainer you might find at a hobby shop.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=197179
            Updated 10/1

Comment

Nice build! I know what you guys mean about the neighborhood crap. Its a real pain to deal with these guys, plus our HOA President is a d-bag (Accuses me and some of my friends in the neighborhood of bringing beer to the pool). Anyways, you do great work, and that is motivating me to get to work.:up:

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

haha thanks, I try! Wouldn't be possible without the help of maaany friends :)

Big update in the works, hang tight guys
                Updated 10/1

Comment

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
                  Thanks! Your build was awesome; big inspiration :)

Here is the thread I made when I did them. It''s simply some glass stainer you might find at a hobby shop.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=197179
                  Thanks man,, im definitley gonna do it to my fog lights.. Does it dull the beam at all? or just make the light yellow? haha,, first time doing this. last time i put films on my lights and they came out pretty much green like you were talking about :)

Comment

By painting the housing instead of the leans I found it puts out bright, yellow light as opposed to faded yellow with white behind. Only drove a week with them and didn't use them constantly and you plan on doing them on fogs so I can't be certain as too how the output will turn out. The negative side to painting the housing is you cant really rub off the yellow because the chrome comes off with it :(

If you have the cash I would suggest going with Hella 550 fog lamps in amber. It's what I want to go with when I get the money. Or you could always upgrade to 100 watt bulbs :P
                    Updated 10/1

Comment

This is definitely motivation to do get back on the e30. I've been wrenching on my 02 LS2 Camaro. Even w/ all of it's hp/tq it still doesn't feel as good as driving a gutted e30! Weight to power FTW!

Comment

Yesterday I was busy with school/yarding/mounting complete i exhaust (by myself!!) so I was too tired at 1AM to update... Feels weird trying to start up the car and posting the beginning of the swap at the same time lol

Anyway here's how that went:

How to remove the fan with the wrong but surprisingly effective tool (I get the feeling it was made just to do that as it is utterly useless in any other application):

Messy
                        ;

Taking stuff off. Bich bolts -.-

Purolator... wut

Adjuster bolts were frozen there and had no intention of moving

Removed the head as the autozone chain wasn't long enough across the motor

Ghetto rigged!!

Nasty! Fluids were in the cylinder closest to the firewall

Regulating tranny height

Had to cut the decently fresh timing belt :puppy:

I should pause to say that this was not all in one day; this actually took two days!
                        1st day Justin(Avuse30) came over and helped with disconnecting stuff.
                        We set the hoist angle but couldn't get it out.
                        Apparantly we didn't disconnect the clutch line and it was causing the engine to come out sideways lol

Some time during the same week Jose (jp slick) and we beasted it out at 1AM

Clutch stuff

Ta-da!

Tranny chillin

After that took a break for a little and di various side jobs.
                        My friend Hasib is a character and he decided that he was gonna fix up his Sentra while he waits to get another car :rofl:
                        He usually just comes over with random stuff/parts for me to help him install; starting with his valve cover haha

Helped a buddy install some freaking purple HID's on his truck and he handed me the old kit he had

Then we changed the 02 sensor on my daily Acura TSX (k I'm not that ballin; tis my mom's "new" whip )

While under there I understood why you don't buy a Jersey car :weak:

Amusing dog is not amused

Baaack to my swap; got to swapping over what I needed from the old motor
                        Oil pan the i motor came with was toast

The good pan; cleaned it up a bit but forgot to take pix

eta block

i block

Which oil level sender? Hmmm...

Winnar: used the one off the eta

Swapped thermostat housings since I kept all the eta cooling components (cheapo!!)

Same with the water pump though this required a bit more cleaning. Thanks to Ben (e30Trooper ) for suggesting I soak it in hot water; worked like a charm!

My friend Justin (J-Sauce) made a contraption where out of a large plastic bin for electrolysis and after seeing the results on some of the stuff he did, I decided why not try the Exhaust manifolds?

Before:

After:

Swapped exhausts; thanks Dustin for the complete i set-up!

Took the tranny outside (yes thats an e30 seat belt; Dustin's idea(rede30)
                        In case you didn't know the bell isn't the heaviest part; deceiving bell is deceiving!!

Took some time to be a hooligan and take mandatory engine bay pix haha

I'm hungry so enjoy and stand by for more updates later this week

:D

(P.S. sorry if the pix are bad/too big; using photobucket and resizing is a bit different... lmk if I should re-size on the next update!)
                        Updated 10/1

Comment

Originally posted by euroLS1 View Post
                          This is definitely motivation to do get back on the e30. I've been wrenching on my 02 LS2 Camaro. Even w/ all of it's hp/tq it still doesn't feel as good as driving a gutted e30! Weight to power FTW!
                          haha thanks, although raw power has to be good for something right ?? :p
                          My buddy just got a 99 with a bad v6 motor... Told him LS motor is the answer to the problem lol
                          Updated 10/1

Comment

Your shirts to clean to be doing engine swaps. hah.

Comment

he he bet its a first though XD Ive had the shirt since freshman year of highschool (now a college freshman) so I generally don't trip if I find my self in the garage with it lol
                              Last edited by nickflic3; 04-27-2011, 08:51 PM.
                              Updated 10/1

Comment

^^HaHa Can You Say Tag?^^
                                Look At That Sexy Bitch In The Street
                                Join The Craze...

...Its Fun For Days

Comment

Working...
                                X