Bronzit 4-door Swap... Wait what??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aproy View Post
    Ok that's a much better story... Sorry for the loss and the hijack, let's see more car!
    Thanks and np, I was actually wondering how ppl would take me posting pix of "life" in my build thread. To me it's very much a part of it.

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
    MOAR. Ive been keeping this thread in a different tab. IDK why. But I admire the 85 ETA/ college kid/ low budget builds.

Maybe because Im in the same boat
    haha yeah it's been tough but my parents found it in them to be a bit supportive of an idea they hate so much.

I'll have the final update to make this thread current up by tomorrow.

You won't believe how budget this gets :nice:
    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Dont go plastics...you'll be like everyone else. This car has character - how many people actually rock early four doors? Go euro bumpers and rock that shit hard!
      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
      1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

ah, your in Riverside? I live in Mira Loma. hit me up if you ever need help or if your heading to a local junk yard!
        :borg:

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
          But I admire the 85 ETA/ college kid/ low budget builds.
          Yes hahahaa. I've probably spent only about $600 on my E30 haha.
          Originally posted by TSI
          ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
          OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
            Dont go plastics...you'll be like everyone else. This car has character - how many people actually rock early four doors? Go euro bumpers and rock that shit hard!
            haha don't worry, nuthin by metal pride here lol

Originally posted by !kid View Post
            ah, your in Riverside? I live in Mira Loma. hit me up if you ever need help or if your heading to a local junk yard!
            For sure man, I actually need to go down this week for some exhaust stuff.

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
            Yes hahahaa. I've probably spent only about $600 on my E30 haha.
            Dude no lie I think I'm right there with you at 600 in parts, if not less haha
            Updated 10/1

Comment

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
              Dude no lie I think I'm right there with you at 600 in parts, if not less haha
              Getting the hook up is awesome. Keep it up!
              Originally posted by TSI
              ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
              OEM+

Comment

Thanks man and yeah defnitly awesome; my shout out list is going to be so long when I get to compiling it
                Updated 10/1

Comment

Yea Ive definetly put a bit more in. Converting mine to 5 speed and rebuilding the top end definetly cost me round a thousand. Wish I was moar low budget.
                  1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                  1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                  1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

The stench of fuel is killing me right now...

Updates after I have dinner
                    Updated 10/1

Comment

Tired and I'm getting a headache...

Nonetheless, where were we??

Oh yeah, bad news... Well in the time all that went down and I continued to drive the e30 on a bad gasket, my dad kept getting threatened with a
                      $5k fine for lawn upkeep -________- Long story short, after many visits, letters, and appeals for more time, we finally got around to it.

Sod supplier was supposed to come at 11... Dad woke me and my bro up at 5AM that Sunday telling me to move my car and that we're starting early :yawn:
                      (Tire tracks are from the truck)

Dad waay over there haha Soon realized the front lawn is unnecessarily big :shock:

Found bricks in the back yard and I was put on brick duty (lined them up along the driveway to make it a bit wider) while everyone else laid sod. Finished about the same time

The next week I got bored and decided to redo my yellow high beams cuz they were so dull.

Came out so yellow they almost looked green!! My grandma went on a walk and told me I left my headlights on lol

I decided to change it up a bit since I didn't have money for lamin-x

Looks much better to me; almost like the Hella 550 fog lights

Now the fun part... On my way back from school one day I started to feel more jerky movements than the usual with my stiffer suspension. More of a back and forth motion than up and down. When I exited the freeway the car was idling loudly like I had a major exhaust leak or something and it sounded like a Subaru with a fart can Picked up my sister and drove home and parked it where it sits today :(

Too tired to give you everything up to date now but here's the tare down

MY milkshake brings all the girls to the yard :giggle:

Done for the night

More tomorrow!
                      Updated 10/1

Comment

cool story bro, now ffw to the part where i do work :)

89 325i S50/ZF E36 M3/TI 5lug Style 32s

My feedback Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219113

Comment

lol! Your all over this man; suspespension was like all you XD

Ipl post tomorrow; tired and just glad I didn't blow up my car trying to start it today :crazy:
                          Updated 10/1

Comment

mmmmm, I motor! I'm glad that thing isn't sitting in the shop anymore. Put the thing to use!

Comment

Ah suburbia, full of rules and regulations. My parents got a letter in the mail not too long ago because my E30 hadn't moved in awhile. Mind you it was parked next to the garage in its own space. Why did they get a letter? Because our pompous security/deed enforcer thought it was inoperable because it hadn't moved in 2 weeks. Well news flash, it's not going to move for 2 weeks when I'm not there. Only my dad can drive a stick and he isn't exactly inclined to driving my e30 unless he has to.

We've also gotten a letter about our utility trailer being parked in the same spot, me working on my E30 in the driveway, someone complained about me working in the garage?!, and other little bullshit.

Comment

^ fuck that shit.

i'd tell them to go fuck themselves. i'd never move to a place with an HOA.
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X