Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malik's 87 325is build (DAILY DRIFT E30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup..that bench comes in handy for me. i wanna learn backflips just so I can flip off the bumpers. id loooove to get euro bumpers but i cant justify that much money not going under the hood or toward a full coilover kit.

I dont think im going to paint the bumpers black either..theres no turning back from it if it looks silly
    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

hahaha thatd be crazy! and yeah, i think once i get suspension how i want it, and my engine all good, then i think Ill start looking.

oh and good choice lol

Comment

Nice Build
        ;) Teehee

Comment

Originally posted by ChimmyChong View Post
          Nice Build
          ;) Teehee
          hahaha...this guy

Comment

Skyline Drive 11/6/11

went out to skyline drive for the first time and had a blast! there wasnt a cloud in the sky and not a fed in sight.

We went with 6 cars, the best pic of us all parked wont upload for some reason. sometimes that happens to my pics. idk

heres a few pics. yea its not a build post but its rides like these that keep me wanting more. the roads were PERFECT. I cant wait to go back with coils and some chip goodies

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0574.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	7136519

Name:	IMG_0520.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	7136521

Name:	IMG_0533.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	7136522

Name:	IMG_0537.jpg
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	7136523

Name:	IMG_0571.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	7136524

Comment

Last edited by ChimmyChong; 11-10-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Hey Malik – always great seeing someone roll up their sleeves and go to town on their e30!

Mad props.

One big thing that caused me concern with your build was the thicker rear sway bar..
                I noted that you reinforced the trailing arms – but didn’t see anything about reinforcing the rear bar/chassis mount.

You are seriously at risk of ripping the body/chassis mounts from the car – especially with spirited driving.

Advising something similar to this product:
                -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

nice progress on the car, its looking good. on a sidenote why is there always one speed3 amongst the beamer crowd lol, the kids i hang with all have beamers, but the one kid has a speed3 identical to the one in your last pic.

Comment

11/11/11 surgery

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
                    Hey Malik – always great seeing someone roll up their sleeves and go to town on their e30!

Mad props.

One big thing that caused me concern with your build was the thicker rear sway bar..
                    I noted that you reinforced the trailing arms – but didn’t see anything about reinforcing the rear bar/chassis mount.

You are seriously at risk of ripping the body/chassis mounts from the car – especially with spirited driving.

Advising something similar to this product:
                    http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/E30-...e30swaymt.html
                    Haha. Thanks for the props. I really have zero experience working on cars. this is my first shot at it and its been fun. Its funny you say that though, cause I was just looking at getting these. I was procrastinating because ive never heard of anyone else putting it in but I def will now that you said something. Thanks for pointing that out bruh!

Originally posted by CreamBeam View Post
                    nice progress on the car, its looking good. on a sidenote why is there always one speed3 amongst the beamer crowd lol, the kids i hang with all have beamers, but the one kid has a speed3 identical to the one in your last pic.
                    LOLz. Yea my speed3 friend and I skate together. And from what ive seen mazda ppl enjoy driving and improving their cars just as much as we do. Theyre also open to other cars and dont hate on other cars like some car groups.

On a side note. Im having right shoulder surgery in the morning. I dont know how long I wont be able to drive for but its gonna SUCK! I may be ordering some goodies but im not sure yet. I might just save up till spring since im not sure if ill even be able to install what i buy. Ill be needing physical therapy but I really dont know what to expect.

If anyone heres a surgeon im having the latarjet procedure & slap repair done. FML!

Wish me luck and ill be refreshed and ready to get back at it when im healed.

List of things to come: (just to stay on path)
                    power steering -- it got cold and now mine makes noisesssss.
                    ground control coilover conversion or coilover kit...

bucket seat
                    miller maf & WAR chip

Comment

D@mn dude. Doing work. Can't wait to see you guys up there at the next picnic. I'll be bring two cars. haha...

Go luck with your recovery.
                      '02 Outback wagon
                      '87 325is 5sp
                      '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

nice progress man, good luck with your shoulder.
                        8380 Laboratories
                        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Originally posted by pharow View Post
                          D@mn dude. Doing work. Can't wait to see you guys up there at the next picnic. I'll be bring two cars. haha...

Go luck with your recovery.
                          thanks. and u can come out before the next picnic. Thats only once a year! we still meet at college park on fridays

Originally posted by LedJetta View Post
                          nice progress man, good luck with your shoulder.
                          Thank you LedJetta

surgery sucks. sleeping is miserable and the pain meds make me nauseous. Even with all the misery getting my rear strut bar in the mail made it all a little better. I cant wait until I can drive again. The procedure was on my right shoulder so as soon as Im allowed to move it and shift ill be testing out the slides with a strut bar

Comment

damn dude, what happened to your shoulder? and hope for a speedy recovery!

Comment

Originally posted by dnick View Post
                              damn dude, what happened to your shoulder? and hope for a speedy recovery!
                              surgery. had the slap repair & latarjet procedure. google em. but what happened was it dislocated a while ago and kept happening. it got to the point when i skated it would pop out in the air before i even hit the ground. Cant throw a ball etc etc.
                              And thanks for the good wishes
                              Last edited by ROLLingKING; 11-13-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I will have to see about coming up one Friday.
                                '02 Outback wagon
                                '87 325is 5sp
                                '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

Working...
                                X