Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malik's 87 325is build (DAILY DRIFT E30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old sensor was beat
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0286.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	7136990

and a hint of the next update later today

Name:	NRG box.jpg
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	7136991
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 12-02-2011, 09:53 AM.
    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
      nice and deep.
      Thats what she said. :)
      Thanks buddy.

Comment

Ok. Where did you get the strut bars? I really want to get a set front and rear.
        '02 Outback wagon
        '87 325is 5sp
        '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

Originally posted by pharow View Post
          Ok. Where did you get the strut bars? I really want to get a set front and rear.
          rear strut bar is from the man right on top of u. All hetero
          Hes even offering em powder coated which looks better than my paint job. good seller offering a good E30 product, support it

Front strut is from Ireland Engineering. along with the rear sway support and shock mounts. which i unfortunately returned cause i kinda need some extra holiday cash since im going to Frisco. i shoulda thought before selfishly spending money all on myself.

Comment

Only got one bar left too. :)

Comment

This build looks good Malik! keep it up!
              NRG Quick Release/MOMO Hubs|NRG Limited Edition Deep Dish Wheels|NRG Wood Wheels|Nardi|
              9five Eyewear|Day of the Dead Tees|
              WORK Wheels|Lug Nuts|
              STÄTUS|
              Got Juice?|

Comment

^Thank ya

Dr says I cant drive until my appointment on the 8th where they will "check my range of motion". It doesnt hurt to shift so i figure its within my range of motion. I took my car for a little drive around the neighborhood.

I could feel MORE vibrations as soon as I started the car and when it reved/ drove. My friend says F it, let it rub. He says it will keep the motor from rocking, resulting in more RW horsepower and i figure immediate torque. maybe
                Is it bad that my front strut bar touches??? i personally dont like it touching, but just dont know if it will result in somethin bad or whatever.

Name:	IMAG0288.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	7137001

Anywho, heres the quick release. pretty happy. it moved the wheel juust right so now i can reach the wheel better and it doesnt block the view of the turn signals. some say they dont like how it makes the signal lever so far, but I like it. Its prolly cause im just learning and my hands move a little more frantic, but theres been acouple times ive accidently turned the signal on tossin the wheel.lol

Name:	IMAG0303.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	7136997

Name:	IMAG0302.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	7136998

Name:	IMAG0297.jpg
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	7136999

Name:	IMAG0300.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	7137000

NRG 2.5 black w/ black chrome
                nothin loud, but its there

Comment

yo malik, if you buy that dudes turbo, let me know and i'll hook you up when you want to upgrade it.
                  NRG Quick Release/MOMO Hubs|NRG Limited Edition Deep Dish Wheels|NRG Wood Wheels|Nardi|
                  9five Eyewear|Day of the Dead Tees|
                  WORK Wheels|Lug Nuts|
                  STÄTUS|
                  Got Juice?|

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanE30 View Post
                    yo malik, if you buy that dudes turbo, let me know and i'll hook you up when you want to upgrade it.
                    huh, u have a turbo for sale?

Comment

I sort of skimmed it, but are the motor mounts also e21? They look pretty tall, but I never really had experience with AKG mounts. That's most likely why the front strut bar rubs.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                        I sort of skimmed it, but are the motor mounts also e21? They look pretty tall, but I never really had experience with AKG mounts. That's most likely why the front strut bar rubs.
                        thanks for lookin and the motor mounts are not E21 ones to the best of my knowledge. The website advertises them as E30 mounts but u never know.

Me and a friend came to the conclusion that its probably the length of my motor mounts throwing things off.

I went out to the garage with a hammer, took it off, f'd it up and test fitted. It still touched so I hammered the piss out of it again. Now it fits :woowoo:

paint job is kinda thrashed but it still looks good. who cares.
                        because drift car

Name:	IMAG0323.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	7137141
                        Last edited by ROLLingKING; 12-08-2011, 08:50 PM.

Comment

i did notice some other things with the fitment. maybe its cause its an early model. its like on both sides. im learning to not sweat the small stuff. sometimes it just isnt perfect

Name:	IMAG0305.jpg
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	7137010

either way, i went to a little spot where i usually do a u turn drift. I like going there first when i add something to the car. its simple and I can quickly tell if there are differences in the way the car starts to snap out or in how it straightens out off the throttle. thats all i had a chance to do so i cant give the verdict of weather I like it more or less. it does make a difference tho
                          Last edited by ROLLingKING; 12-08-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

almost forgot...SLR Kit ftw

Ive been really trying to decide on coilover conversion kit($430) or full GC coilovers($1500). Ive been waiting to replace my control arms first and have always been keeping maximum angle in mind. didnt know which control arms to get or if the OEM's were even worth the modifying for the angle they resulted in

I totally forgot about this:
                            Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

From pics ive seen, the front shock mounts directly to the SLR nuckle. where the front sway mounts, idk yet. but im saving up and going from here with the suspension set up for sure. i dont care what anyone says, learning with this kinda angle will be good & fun for me in the long run.
                            now im not sure what coilovers fit that set up. i have till spring to acquire the suspension parts so im taking my time and doing more reading

Comment

What kind of bar is that? Is that a replica sparco bar? I have a eibach one but Im going to be buying the sparco one pretty soon since my eibach bar hits the m3 harness covers.

Awesome progress btw! Lets see some videos:razz:

Comment

Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
                                What kind of bar is that? Is that a replica sparco bar? I have a eibach one but Im going to be buying the sparco one pretty soon since my eibach bar hits the m3 harness covers.

Awesome progress btw! Lets see some videos:razz:
                                omg reead.lol
                                its just that ive said it like 4 times. Its an Ireland Engineering front bar. Ordered from IE.com. they have em on ebay for much cheaper. i saw em today and was pretty pissed considering the one from the sight didnt fit great.lol kinda the only reason i paid more for it

Videos are tricky. I do have a tripod, camera and final cut but its hard to film a moving car with a tripod and me in the car. Plus my skills are not at camera level. Maybe if I get a friend to come with me ill be able to toss up some kinda vid. im in no rush tho. im still rockin sport springs. theyre killin me!

Comment

Working...
                                X