No announcement yet.

Prolonging the Procrastination...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're using a Cometic brand gasket, you might want to give them a call and ask about using the copper spray.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I read in Cometec literature somewhere not to use anything. I'll see if I can find it.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I just searched, Cometec says no, people on forums running boost say yes.

I am confused.

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Yay Bob!!

I should give you a ride in my car now.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
          2008 VW Rabbit
          1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
            I read in Cometec literature somewhere not to use anything. I'll see if I can find it.

I am confused.

lol
            From what I understand from someone who I really trust, after speaking with Cometic, they have said that as long as the block and head meet the required spec for "flatness" there is no need for the spray.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Lemme know how those GC touring coils work out for ya. I'm thinking about getting coils for next years track season and would like something that is a good "in between."
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

gc touring plates, not coils.
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                  gc touring plates, not coils.
                  OH. Didn't realize that! Thanks for pointing that out!
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Great project!

Also great pads, the BRIAN factory is right around the corner from my work. Been there a few times when I played at Uni for a few of the goalies to get fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
                      great to see this car get some love.

I am normally thoroughly disappointed with myself and how my cars turn out because of you, Mtriple. I get a car done and think about the process you go through when building one of yours and then realise I cut corners and should have done it once, done it right (even if it does take you a few years :P )
                      Thanks for the compliment dude, that is the never ending struggle going on in my head and is the reason it takes me so long to finish projects. Dont get me wrong, motivation plays into it but I'm a little OCD about having all my ducks in a row and making sure that its done the way I want the first time around. I hate doing things twice...

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                      Nice dude, everything is clean and detailed! Hmmmm , I wonder how much VAC would charge to build me two m60b40 heads (have on hand)....
                      Talk to CJ, he was awesome to work with.

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
                      That's a lot of lube! Blunt will be thrilled. :)
                      :rofl:

So very nice, I just ordered the Redline lube and the Right Stuff silicon because I found someone to finish mine, in my garage in 2 weeks!

I am happy for BOTH of us nau!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Congrats dude, looking forward to seeing updates.

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      If you're using a Cometic brand gasket, you might want to give them a call and ask about using the copper spray.

I am confused.

lol
                      I was confused to. Maybe Blunt or Otis can chime in because they used copper spray on Blunt's twin cam and so far so good and he is running a little more boost than I am.

Originally posted by BimmerTim View Post
                      Yay Bob!!

I should give you a ride in my car now.
                      YES, you should. Blunt told me about it...

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                      Lemme know how those GC touring coils work out for ya. I'm thinking about getting coils for next years track season and would like something that is a good "in between."
                      Exactly, I'm looking for the best of both worlds. I'll let you know...

Originally posted by lostininglewood View Post
                      Great project!

Also great pads, the BRIAN factory is right around the corner from my work. Been there a few times when I played at Uni for a few of the goalies to get fitted.
                      Thanks man, I love Brian's gear. The quality and craftsmanship is unmatched in my opinion. I tried some Vaughn gear for this coming season that just came in last month. Jury is still out...
                      Originally posted by Simon S
                      When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

We got started a little late today but progress was made. Head is on, timing belt is on, and valves adjusted. Blunt stopped by to assist with the lube and as you can imagine, work slowed to a crawl. Good times had nonetheless, big thanks to our buddy Pete for helping out. And Blunt to of course....

Closer pics of the head, VAC stage 1 with IE HD rockers.

IMG_0206 by Bob Cooper, on Flickr

IMG_0196 by Bob Cooper, on Flickr

Copper spray, oh noes!

IMG_0192 by Bob Cooper, on Flickr

IMG_0193 by Bob Cooper, on Flickr

More distractions...

IMG_0198 by Bob Cooper, on Flickr

progress...

IMG_0208 by Bob Cooper, on Flickr

IMG_0205 by Bob Cooper, on Flickr

IMG_0204 by Bob Cooper, on Flickr

All in all, we had a good time. Timing belt proved to be the biggest challenge with the MLS gasket causing the head to sit just a bit higher than the stock HG. Had to get a little creative with the tensioner in order to get it to work.

More updates tomorrow hopefully...
                        Last edited by Mtriple; 08-29-2017, 03:16 PM.
                        Originally posted by Simon S
                        When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

nice progress

-
                          Project
                          Parts for Sale
                          Feedback
                          YouTube Channel

Comment

looks great. I love the way Blunt feathers his hair back like that! I used no copper spray and mine leaks.

Comment

i pee my pants every time you have an update.

Comment

That's one seriously beautiful M20. I may be a 24V swapper, but a cleanly-built M20 makes me just as happy as it ever did.

Comment

Working...
                                X