3SGE BEAMS converted 89 E30///Stock as a rock 88 E30 325i Touring///

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking

Hey mate, i'm just trying to figure out how can you make the dash to work with the 3sge. could you give me a guide?

Comment

Originally posted by anggaawjy View Post
      Hey mate, i'm just trying to figure out how can you make the dash to work with the 3sge. could you give me a guide?
      Most of the dash inputs are the same as BMW intended (fuel, speed etc) and the economy and service no longer work. The rest are modified outputs from the Beams ecu using different resistance if required. Its basic and you should just use a 4 cylinder coding plug and both wiring diagrams to carry this out.

Comment

Bit of a hiatus lets be honest.....

Have carried out plenty of upgrades but to focus on the important ones I have upgraded the ecu to a Link Plug In, upgraded to fuel system with e85 spec components for the future (1000cc injectors, race works fuel pump, hoses etc), New Bride Zeta III XL Japans in carbon fibre aramid, Sparco FIA adapters etc, swaybar, eibach 6kg/8kg helper spring setup in the front, and much more.

Came unstuck with the half mechanical/half electric throttle that comes standard on the Altezza engine so filed that in B..... and fitted a 85mm DBW N62tu throttle body and E46 DBW pedal (shockingly this is a bolt in for the E30 chassis in RHD). This is ALOT bigger than the factory item and did take some fettling to get the idle and tuning correct but the result of 137.5rwkws at 8200rpm is a great result for such basic modifications.

Anyway here is some video on the dyno.

Dyno tuned the E30 after fitment of an N62tu 85mm DBW throttle body, E46 DBW pedal and Link plug in ecu.137.5rwkws at 8200rpm (rpm wrong on screen) was the r...

Comment

This is how you convert the Auto E46 pedal to a Manual type.

Fitting an E46 drive by wire throttle into my E30 using a cheap auto pedal instead of the more expensive and harder to find manual pedal (rarer in Australia)...

Comment

this is so dope.
            I thought about swapping a 3sge into my car because theyre pretty cheap for what they offer but the headers pose a big pain in the ass
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Do it. You won't regret it.

It is true though.... RHD is much easier with the headers.

Comment

currently looking into starting my own beams conversion. m42 decided to nickel and dime me one last time. so glad i found this thread

Comment

Originally posted by red318is View Post
                  currently looking into starting my own beams conversion. m42 decided to nickel and dime me one last time. so glad i found this thread
                  I have noticed more 3SGE Beams builds lately so the more the merrier!

Update?

E30 Coupe: Being in lockdown has not helped the work or racing with this car but I have a set of Porsche Boxster brembos, Cooper S and E46 BMW brake discs here for an upgrade and a gearbox adapter being made to suit the BMW ZF M3 5 speed and BMW M2/M3/M4 DCT transmission. Unsure whether to stay with manual or move to DCT and then turbocharge the Beams..... undecided but watch this space.

E34 Touring: 1JZGTE Mounts are done but need to get the service items done and dusted and fabricate all of the pipe work and ancillaries.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X